Home Sports Talk
Options

Will There Be/Should There Be A Super Bowl Teams Bubble?

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

With so much riding on the game should both SB teams be quarantined as soon as teams are established?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Teams that have followed protocol have had success with fending off the virus. If a team is serious and the players and personnel follow the protocol there’s no reason to quarantine. Unlike basketball there are not games one day apart. The playoffs stretch 6 weeks and involve 100’s of people for each franchise. You’d need to rent an island in the Bahamas. Just not feasible , JMO

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the 2 week break leading up to the game they should. It’s not that crazy giving the s ole of the game and the ramifications if key players get hit with a +

• Options

I'm sure the bettors would like to see a quarantine once they have skin,lots of, in the game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the players would like it. Being in a bubble would definitely cut into their pregame PARTY TIME!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a bad idea!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

for super bowl, absolutely

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

What makes the Super Bowl different from regular season games with regards to the players health?

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hypothetical question: just like a regular season game, if there are players that test positive several days before, would they postpone the game?

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

And for that matter, in the past this was always a frenzy with media and thousands of fans participating in other events leading up to the game. Plus all of the people and volunteers that support all of those events. Are those all canceled?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    yes.

I play old YouTube clips of George Carlin at least once a week. The man was a genius and his comedy was not only funny but spot on in the world we shared. Miss him and Sam Kinison. Hate to sound old but they don’t make em like that any longer.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@keets said:
    yes.

I play old YouTube clips of George Carlin at least once a week. The man was a genius and his comedy was not only funny but spot on in the world we shared. Miss him and Sam Kinison. Hate to sound old but they don’t make em like that any longer.

I saw Carlin live and after the show my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suffered that fate twice when I saw Sam Kinison. I did see George Carlin once but I had a terrible ear-ache. I should have stayed home but wasn't going t miss him. he was really good even though my attention was distracted.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't think it will be a problem as a vaccine should be available by that time for NFL athletes.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@keets said:

I suffered that fate twice when I saw Sam Kinison. I did see George Carlin once but I had a terrible ear-ache. I should have stayed home but wasn't going t miss him. he was really good even though my attention was distracted.

Wish I would've seen Kineson. I'll never forget the (screamed, of course) line "It's a f@#%in desert, go to where the food is!!!!!"

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@craig44 said:

What makes the Super Bowl different from regular season games with regards to the players health?

$$$?> @JoeBanzai said:

@keets said:

Wish I would've seen Kineson. I'll never forget the (screamed, of course) line "It's a f@#%in desert, go to where the food is!!!!!"

Sam's scene in the movie "Back To School" with Rodney Dangerfield is one for the ages.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    Hypothetical question: just like a regular season game, if there are players that test positive several days before, would they postpone the game?

In my opinion, it would depend on the player. And in all honesty, I think they would actually try to hide any positive test of a star player.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Hydrant said:

@craig44 said:

$$$?> @JoeBanzai said:

@keets said:

Sam's scene in the movie "Back To School" with Rodney Dangerfield is one for the ages.

Both gone far too soon. RIP

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Hydrant said:

@craig44 said:

$$$?> @JoeBanzai said:

@keets said:

Both gone far too soon. RIP

I love that scene. Classic.