Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does Topps sell cases directly to collectors?

I have never bought a case before. Considering 2021.

Comments

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Pretty sure you have to have a brick and mortar store or at least you used to. Pretty sure you had to send pictures of your store to Topps.

• Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2020 12:35AM

@ElvisP said:
    Pretty sure you have to have a brick and mortar store or at least you used to. Pretty sure you had to send pictures of your store to Topps.

Thank you.. It was such a basic question I know but I have never bought a case.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

if you bought whatever amount of boxes come in a case from topps.com, would they not just send you a case? These days you would probably have to jump on it the minute it pops on topps.com and hope they are not setting low limits...

• Options

Yes, the above is correct. If you do not have an account with Topps, that requires a lot of impossibilities for the average guy, you just order through one of the many online providers. I have accounts and purchase from three of the big sellers and their prices are all somewhat within the same range (only slight differences based on their stock, I supposse). Usually the earlier you order, the cheaper the product, but there has been exceptions to that rule. With all the craze going on, I would purchase early. Also, a lot of these companies will reserve the product and you must put a down payment to save the case. Then it must be paid in full, usually within a week of release.

Previous CU user: jmmiller777
    Baseball HOFer's-PSA6+
    Heritage Sets
    Kellogg's Graded-PSA 8+
    60's Topps Sets-Raw
    Anything that Catches My Attention

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWBlue said:
    I have never bought a case before. Considering 2021.

Not sure about all product, but was in a card shop discussing this and the owner said he was unable to purchase certain product because he didn't buy enough the previous year. He was also limited on some of the stuff he wanted that he was permitted to buy.

Maybe we should go back to the overproduction days so we can at least buy some cards.

Hundreds of dollars for a box of new cards?

Not me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set