Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Once Again I will be Needing help with China and Japanese coins

I am finally getting to my foreign coins and have been working on these for over 6 months. I guess I am lucky these were bought many years back and I was just to lazy to get into them. I have many Chinese and Japanese Coins. Just to move on I priced them at $2.00 each I know some are worth alot more and many less but like I said I would come around again and pull them out and place them all together. I have spent hours trying to ID them and have been very successful in many cases but time is time and time is special to me so I will need some help . Yes, I am hoping there is someone here who can look and price them for me when I am ready. I will take many pictures if someone can ID them .. I have many that have dragons on them, copper and as you guys know alot of squiggly marks. These are half dollar size. The price on these range from a few dollars to many hundreds of dollars I must have 30 of these. I would hate to let one go that could be worth a lot of money, plus I would like to place a date on the
2 x 2 s with a value and history of the coin. In addition I have many coins with square holes that I know could go back to the 1600's and some of these could worth a lot.. So, any suggestions on how best to, ID, Value, and Date these little guys. I have researched many but I am still not confident of doing a good job. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

How helpful has the coinoscope app been on your cellphone? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I have no app to use but I will check it out, .. JB

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HiBucky also save ucoin.net which has all world coin specific info needed to I'd. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• IVBIVB Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 7:41AM

@Namvet69
    These websites, ucoin.net and numista.com, often lack reliable information about ancient coins and many Asian coins.

@HiBucky
    At the same time, there are people on this forum for whom identifying coins is a hobby (this is about me), as well as people who are real experts in this field. Therefore, my advice is that you can scan your coins (using a scanner or camera) and post the images here. I hope we can help you identify your coins.
    Or you can register on zeno.ru and list your coins there. This is a specific resource dedicated to oriental coins.

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I like the idea of posting pictures. I will post some later on to get the ball rolling. I really do appreciate the comments.
    TKs Jim