Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

73-CC Liberty Seated $1 MS61 on GC

fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 24, 2020 6:20PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Very important coin! Where would it rank in the pantheon of CC rarities in mint state?

Comments

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bowers book suggests maybe 5 MS examples exist, a serious rarity!
    https://greatcollections.com/Coin/908552/1873-CC-Seated-Liberty-Silver-Dollar-Seated-PCGS-MS-61-Toned
    way out of my league. I agree a very important coin, but as this is an active auction, I think comments about condition, CAC worthiness, etc would be inappropriate.

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

True. Thanks for the nudge.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still, it is rare, and may have a well documented provenance. Maybe some of the resident SD experts can expound on that.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great collections has had some very high end stuff recently. Their service, rates and offerings make me almost never log on to heritage any longer. Buying or selling

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2020 7:10AM

I saw that too, Several years ago I bought an xf45, honestly was on fence when I was shown it, but I had been looking for one for a long time, and back then, date was more important than quality. A few years after that I had chased the Battle Born 58 in 2012 was but was beat out on the floor (come to find out it was laura) as I couldn't afford to go any higher. If I were still collecting, I would have been intrested in looking at this, but Im actually in the process of selling my stuff as well.

And as a side note, GC has been selling my stuff, about 40% gone now and the process has been nothing short of oustanding service. Great shout out to Ian. In fact , was introduced to him years ago by a late friend who did a lot of business with them. In fact he was the one who helped me get rid of that 73-cc in 45 back in 2013

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file