Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just got a Heritage Catalogue postage due

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

For $8.25. Anybody else get one like that?

Now, due to COVID I have been having my P.O. Box Mail forwarded to my home address ever since Spring, and I think that they are authorized to just discard anything less than First Class Mail. Can the post office charge for forwarding certain mail? It is of course heavy. Don't want to stiff the letter carrier if they are in the right.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the USPS website:

First-Class™ mail and periodicals (newsletters and magazines) are forwarded for free.
    Premium shipping services (Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, First-Class Package®) are forwarded for free.
    Media Mail® and USPS Retail Ground® are forwarded, but you must pay the cost for shipping from your local Post Office to your temporary address.

• Options

Thanks.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Media mail?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 2:24PM

would Heritage actually use media mail?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Omg scandal

• Options

Label says

PRSRT BPM
    U.S. Postage & Fees
    Paid
    SmartPost
    e-VS

Large letter S in a black frame.

Carrier leave if no response

bar code and tracking number

I did not see the driver, so maybe a substitute who thought it looked important and forwarded it. There were four eBay packages being forwarded in the same mail. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and take care of it.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    Label says

PRSRT BPM
    U.S. Postage & Fees
    Paid
    SmartPost
    e-VS

I did not see the driver, so maybe a substitute who thought it looked important and forwarded it. There were four eBay packages being forwarded in the same mail. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and take care of it.

UGH. Smartpost. That's FedEx. We call it StupidPost. If you want to make sure a package takes the slow boat, send it SmartPost.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

ok. i concede, at times, my brain is simply too logical and not enough creative. wouldn't media be the financially responsible avenue for the mass amount of catalogs they ship out? a little slower but a LOT less costly. not 100% these catalogs qualify after reading a bit more about legal fine lines and shipping lately but that is for another thread.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@MsMorrisine said:

ok. i concede, at times, my brain is simply too logical and not enough creative. wouldn't media be the financially responsible avenue for the mass amount of catalogs they ship out? a little slower but a LOT less costly. not 100% these catalogs qualify after reading a bit more about legal fine lines and shipping lately but that is for another thread.

Depends on what kind of rate they get. Smartpost is pretty inexpensive and they probably get a corporate rate for frequent mailers.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    Label says

PRSRT BPM
    U.S. Postage & Fees
    Paid
    SmartPost
    e-VS

If they left the item what is there to take care of?
    If you go to the Post Office they won't know what you are talking about.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I don't think catalogs qualify, since they are a listing of goods for sale, technically little different from all the junk mail catalogs that show up this time of year, even if much more classy. They may also have additional advertising in them, which disqualifies them from Media Mail.

• Options

@messydesk said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I don't think catalogs qualify, since they are a listing of goods for sale, technically little different from all the junk mail catalogs that show up this time of year, even if much more classy. They may also have additional advertising in them, which disqualifies them from Media Mail.

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121.htm

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

If they left the item what is there to take care of?
    If you go to the Post Office they won't know what you are talking about.

enclose form IOU

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file