Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question on an order from the Mint?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 24, 2020 12:23PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys. I'm not too familiar as to purchasing an item from the Mint. Last month I ordered 2 2020 mint sets. Went through all the rigamaroo and I thought that was final? Yesterday I received an email from them to confirm my order. The launch is Nov. 30th. I went on my account and checked everything. It all seemed to be ok, except for the total price. The $50.50 was there, for the 2 sets, but the payment read, $00? They do have my credit card info, I see the last 4 digits. But it's funny, it also read "shipped ". Was this notice just for me to make sure the credit card I gave them to use was sufficient?
One thing I'm confused about is they also ask why I haven't used a PayPal account? Do I need to use the PayPal account in which I don't have? I did try to get a hold of them by phone, forget it, constant busy signals. Thanks guy's :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

What seems to happen often is they will send the confirmation, put a hold on your credit card, and then charge it after they ship. I haven’t used PayPal with them and wouldn’t. They probably use the stock widget from paypal on the form and it was just marketing from PP.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Ok, I'll wait and see? Yeah, I don't use PayPal either. Thanks again ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 2:20PM

@joeykoins said:
    ... for the 2 sets, but the payment read, $00? They do have my credit card info, I see the last 4 digits. But it's funny, it also read "shipped ".

you have a subscription ""order."" and that ""order"" costs "$0.00" and ""ships"" once the ""order"" is generated.

about 2 business days before the on sale date, the official order will be generated and processed for shipping and billing. A real order email will be sent then.

Was this notice just for me to make sure the credit card I gave them to use was sufficient?

they sent me a separate email "2nd notice!" to verify my CC and address. the full CC # does not show on the ""order"" nor the item's "subscription" page. I can only guess the "auto-fill" worked properly. I also confirmed my shipping and billing address.

One thing I'm confused about is they also ask why I haven't used a PayPal account? Do I need to use the PayPal account in which I don't have? I did try to get a hold of them by phone, forget it, constant busy signals. Thanks guy's :)

perhaps they now have a promo with PayPal. I haven't noticed anything about using paypal. Ignore using paypal, as every order I have placed recently have used my CC info.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 2:05PM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file