Home U.S. Coin Forum

CAC news

FlackthatFlackthat Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 23, 2020 1:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Looks like they finally added online submission forms. Personally I am excited because I can type faster and if you make a mistake it’s an easy fix.

ANA Member
PCGS Platinum Member

_Successful BST transactions with:
McGrump, Spummybum, Tightbudget, JasonRiffeRareCoins, PerryHall, Blu62vette, Sandman70gt, BobSav, Dscoin, Pnies20, JTHawaii, Meltdown

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    what is CAC?

this

https://www.caccoin.com/

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 1:31PM

Not meant as a negative post but CAC is another way to make money from collectors. They will tell you if your coin is solid for the grade after you have already had PCGS or NGC to grade it. To me I trust PCGS grading system so why pay some else to say yeah they got it right. It does increase the value of your coin in some instances and there differences in grading l but like I said if you don't trust the grading service why use them. To me about like when PCGS puts a + by a grade.
    AL

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    hey thanks

CAC brings more money. Sometimes a LOT more money.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

ci risiamo

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gentlemen start your engines......................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, my dealer has been doing these by hand all along? I owe that man a box of donuts.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

INCOMING!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your powder dry

• badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

just used the new digital form last week. was easy to use. already got the coins back

Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Wait wait wait a second. According to that news story, it's pronounced "C. A. C." Like the three letters. But, I always thought it was pronounced like a word, "CAC" (or "Cack"). I'm really confused. Which is it?

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they added an online form....I received this news in an email right after dropping off my handwritten CAC form at the Post Office.....

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Well, it’s about time! We haven’t had a good CAC thread in a coon’s age.

Oxymoron alert... ;)

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Breaking news, cripes I was hoping you were going to announce they finally went bankrupt.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

They could further automate and speed up their review process by having submitters attach pictures of their coins. Boom shockalocka, opinion in an hour with printable sticker emailed back! Submitter would have to buy white sticker paper and have a color printer.

Man, they should pay me a consulting fee. Or, as Mr. Wonderful likes, a royalty for every submission. :D

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 7:24PM

They probably got tired at guessing at my poor penmanship.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file