Home Sports Talk
Options

Burrow down

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure everyone has heard at this point, but burrow went down yesterday with a significant knee injury. I found it interesting that It was so hard to find video of the injury. I saw one replay on a post game show. everything on youtube had been removed.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is weird. Maybe they told him to fake an injury to save himself from his teammates until they can get better ones lol All joking aside I hope the kid is ok

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

having the "new face of the 2020 NFL" go down in such a manner is bad PR. about the only thing I have seen is a brief shot of him on the ground after the play and then another brief shot of him being carted away. unless you were watching that game you probably won't see any more than the NFL wants you to see, they control their product closely.

• Options

I found it very strange. Usually it is very easy to find video of an injury. Daks was all over the net. about all you can find is him on the cart. sounds like a conspiracy to me

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have seen a vid (took me about 15 seconds to find it), but i'm not going to post it to protect those who are squeamish

all i will say is that there was a washington d-lineman laying on the ground next to Burrow. when he saw how much pain he was in he shook his head very abruptly as if to say, "i can't believe that happened"

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not good.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel bad for Burrow, he said on Twitter that "he appreciates all of the support" and that "you can't get rid of him that easy" and he said "he'll be back next season."

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

A lot of injuries this year - anyone else think of another year with this many season-ending injuries?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

torn ACL, torn MCL, and other structural damage

injuries of this nature typically sideline players from 9 to 12 months

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't see it, but it had to be a low hit which is illegal. Anyone ejected or penalized.
    Burrow showed promise as a rookie. Hope he comes back soon and as good as before.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    I didn't see it, but it had to be a low hit which is illegal. Anyone ejected or penalized.
    Burrow showed promise as a rookie. Hope he comes back soon and as good as before.

The O lineman blocked the defender into Burrow. The defender fell backwards into burrows leg with the O lineman on top of him. They both landed on Burrow. There was nothing dirty about the hit.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

The O lineman blocked the defender into Burrow.

though I didn't see the injury happen this would have been my speculation. to be honest, JRR300, if you watch very much football you'd realize that as many times as not, in the pocket and O-line, injuries are caused by players falling on top of each other.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Burrow is in for a long recovery. ACL and MCL tears and a host of other damage. Ugggggh.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listen to Steve Young this is a terrible injury for a QB. Some come back 50-80%. Few comeback 100%. The Bengals let us down. The Bengals let the NFL down. More importantly they failed Joe Burrows. They should have traded the farm for a HOF left tackle the minute they drafted Burrows.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Listen to Steve Young this is a terrible injury for a QB. Some come back 50-80%. Few comeback 100%. The Bengals let us down. The Bengals let the NFL down. More importantly they failed Joe Burrows. They should have traded the farm for a HOF left tackle the minute they drafted Burrows.

what were we expecting from a team that couldn't figure out how to fire a coach for 29 years?

• Options

what a shame. I hope he is one of the few who come back 100 percent

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will be back 100% I’m thinking.

• Options

I am concerned about the damage to surrounding structures we keep hearing about. I heard he tore his meniscus. I have never had a knee injury, but been around others who have and that specific injury, the pain lasts for years and none of those I know ever felt they recovered the same as pre injury.

now I understand that is just conjecture on my part, and those I know, while athletes were not professional athletes like Burrows. I also know he will be getting the best medical care. the meniscus really concerns me. I have no Burrows cards and am not even a fan, just hate to see all that potential be possibly gone.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I am concerned about the damage to surrounding structures we keep hearing about. I heard he tore his meniscus. I have never had a knee injury, but been around others who have and that specific injury, the pain lasts for years and none of those I know ever felt they recovered the same as pre injury.

Depends on the specific meniscus tear. I've torn the meniscus in both of my knees. The right knee I also tore my ACL and severely bruised the bones in my knee. That one took a long time to recover and the meniscus required surgery to repair. The pain, however, was not all that bad. In fact, I walked on it for almost a year before surgery. The left knee? That one tore because of stress put it on while I recovered from knee surgery. The pain was unbearable to the point where I had insomnia for about 6 weeks. Surgery was not required and it did heal itself eventually.

It took a long time but I have fully recovered from both and my knees seem to be the same as before my injuries.

• Options

it is simply not reasonable to compare this type of injury and the recovery when the comparisons are between a layman and an NFL Quarterback. in fact, it is sort of silly.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to worry something like this would happen to Deshaun Watson. Look at all the sacks he took his
    first few years. I feel bad for Burrow, I enjoyed watching him play even though the Bengals are pretty awful.
    Hope his recovery goes well.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

It's just a shame to see such a bright young star in the making have an injury, let alone one as serious as think one. As a pure football fan, wishing him the best in his long road to recovery.