Home Sports Talk

Cam Newton says Bill Belichick is a prophet

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cam Newton is crazy about his coach, he has given him numerous nicknames as of late incuding "The football whisperer." His latest compliment of Bill is "The prophet." This is getting more and more entertaining by the day!

https://nesn.com/2020/11/cam-newton-believes-in-prophecy-of-bill-belichick-since-joining-patriots/

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to appreciate anything Newton says. He's a mediocre qb, who, IMO just loves the limelight.
    Belichick is yesterday, as is his qb.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now, a live look at Bill Belichick as he anticipates his next move in the draft....

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's one thing about Bill Belichick that I've always admired, he just shows so much emotion.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Hard to appreciate anything Newton says. He's a mediocre qb, who, IMO just loves the limelight.
    Belichick is yesterday, as is his qb.

My thoughts exactly

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2020 11:07AM

Last night the prophet received inspiration to make a QB lineup adjustment. What does Cam say now?

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2020 11:14AM

Also, last night during pregame festivities, Terry Bradshaw was all in trashing Goff. Something about 2.7 yard passes. Post game, Bradshaw was proclaiming that Newton is basically toast, finished, washed up, etc.,.......what a difference one game can make. YIKES!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Also, last night during pregame festivities, Terry Bradshaw was all in trashing Goff. Something about 2.7 yard passes. Post game, Bradshaw was proclaiming that Newton is basically toast, finished, washed up, etc.,.......what a difference one game can make. YIKES!

because goff is a shop -vac

he both sucks and blows

he looked squirrely out there and they took the keys away from him

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

bradshaw is practically comatose most of the time but he did say the patriots offense is awful so he is slightly aware of the outside world.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of the credit for the Patriots success went to “the system “ and of course Brady was a system QB although he is the Goat. Every one points to Brady’s injury year when they went 11-5. Bill has found out no matter how great the system is you need talent to run it. The disparity of talent was in full view last night. Name the 10 best players on the field last night and you might find a single Patriots in the 10th spot. Vince Lombardi found that out in Washington. The power sweep works well with a half dozen HOFers, not so well if you can’t block. Cam Newton looks like he struggles throwing 10 yards. He always had a strange throwing motion. So Bill benched Cam for the second time this year. I look at it 2 ways. He’s not the future or he’s keeping his value down for next year signing him on the cheap and spending the $60M elsewhere until Mr Right is available.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Horse jockeys will be the first to tell you this on winning a race:They are only as good as the horse under them.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".