Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody buying bulk proof sets & mint sets?

I work at a shop and we're usually overloaded with them. Average 1965's through around 2010's. We used to sell them to a much larger wholesaler down south but things changed with them. Used to get about 80% of bid on everything.. incomplete date runs, several multiples, 100's at a time, etc.. as long as they were 'clean'.

The cabinet we keep them in is full yet again and I'm a on a mission here to find a solid place to 'dump' them from time to time. Any tips? Does Littleton buy them?

Comments

• Options

I buy a lot of them, depending on years. Shoot me a list of what you got. on PM

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭

Littleton buys proof sets but they must be in tip top shape.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are bringing decent money on eBay. What I did a few years ago is set up a listing per year of Proof Set and what ever quantity I have on hand minus a few for sets with issues. I would just add quantity when I bought more and adjust price from time to time to keep competitive. Dont need to make a much of a margin on them, they are really just a filler item for the store. Also building the shipping into the price is key. People love their damn free shipping.

80% is pretty standard for what I pay other dealers on proof/mint set deals. However if I dont want/need any I offer less hoping they dont accept.

Another way to make a few $$ off them is to break them up and sell each coin individually. Ship these in a flip taped to the invoice in an envelope. Postage is around 75 cents for nonmachinable. Also you will need a "Nonmachinable" stamp to same time at the PO.

Hope this helps.