Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Life/card advice needed

What’s up guys and gals. Have a bit of a situation. Any help would be seriously appreciated.
During the height of corona and quarantine, I submitted over 3000 cards to PSA(diversion from a failing marriage). Here’s the dilemma. Divorce is happening and I’m moving out January 1st and my job is changing as well. I’m am now starting to get back about 100 cards per week and I simply have no time to sell them. Obviously, I put a lot of money into them so they need to go. I’m thinking of consigning all of them as they come in. Question is on 2 fronts. Who should I consign with and can you just send them your entire PSA order? Also is there a way to save on shipping and just have PSA send them directly to a cosigner. Any other options anyone can offer would be awesome. Thanks Joe

Comments

  • I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch. That’s all I can contribute to this thread but wanted to say that.

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GreenSneakers said:
    I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch. That’s all I can contribute to this thread but wanted to say that.

    Agreed. A few years back I went through the same thing. It’s not easy at all. Good luck.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭

    all i can say is that life is pretty strange.

    BEEP, BEEP!

  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 10:06AM

    all jokes and lyrics aside.

    yes, consign them to pcs sportscards.

    top notch service and they get listed a week after they are received.

    payouts are about 10 days later. can even paypal you. in your situation though, i would request a check. :)

    they are fast, honest and you dont have to A. sit around and wait until they get listed (probstein) B. wait until the next upcoming auction which is probably a good 2-3 months out (pwcc).

    most importantly, keep your head up and remember you're above ground. it can always be worse!

    BEEP, BEEP!

  • daltexdaltex Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

    I'm not familiar with pcs sportscards, but will they take a PSA order and open/process it and can the OP direct PSA to ship his orders directly to them?

  • swish54swish54 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

    I'd be surprised if PSA would drop ship to an address/person that's different than what's on the sub. That would open a can of worms on their end for someone to say they never got the shipment etc.

  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 10:30AM

    I think I read everything correctly and yes.

    I believe you can change the shipping address so long as it’s prior to qa1 or 2. don’t quote me though.

    other notable features:

    they still have access to the economy level ($25/). and once any of your subs come back to them they can go straight to consignment/auction the very next week. they deduct your sub fees outta your auction proceeds. so there is zero upfront grading costs which is huge. or they can ship your sub back to you after you have paid for your subs.

    only done a few bulk subs so far, but they do seem to be getting logged slightly quicker than most of my self subs.

    I am a very needy and demanding customer too. so far, zero complaints and all my initial nagging and questions have been answered professionally and to a tee.

    BEEP, BEEP!

  • daltexdaltex Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

    @swish54 said:
    I'd be surprised if PSA would drop ship to an address/person that's different than what's on the sub. That would open a can of worms on their end for someone to say they never got the shipment etc.

    I was on a trip last summer (anyone remember trips?) and was able to get PSA to re-route a package to my in-laws.

  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭

    @swish54 said:
    I'd be surprised if PSA would drop ship to an address/person that's different than what's on the sub. That would open a can of worms on their end for someone to say they never got the shipment etc.

    .
    .

    BEEP, BEEP!

  • nam812nam812 Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭✭

    Sorry to hear that life isn't going well at the moment. Hang in there and hopefully it will turn around for you before you know it.

    I feel like I remember your user name. Was your avatar a cat with a lime or watermelon on it's head?



  • Ha. Yes. That was my avatar. Don’t know where it went. Thanks for the help and kind words so far. So probstein is like a 2-3 month wait? I don’t know PCs sports cards

  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭

    what type cards are they?

    BEEP, BEEP!

  • MDLBMDLB Posts: 34 ✭✭

    Not knowing you, or the type/number of cards, my offer on this one:

    is 350.00 sight unseen. If the box could get to me by whatever means, but still sealed in the standard PSA taped box, I'm in. Will not complain if it ends up being 4 1988 Roberto Alomar PSA 7 cards.

    With being Blind Melon, All I can say, is that my life is pretty plain.

  • You name it. Mostly baseball. About 2500 are from 1985-2000. The rest are ultra modern

  • MDLBMDLB Posts: 34 ✭✭

    The more I look at this, this move of sending in 6000 cards for grading, during the start of seeing divorce was imminent, was a very wise move (or very psychotic) As long as wifey doesn't have access to your PSA account, you got 6 months per batch of cards to hide from any financial divorce settlement inclusion. This was very smart I believe and I wouldn't comment further here if on your home computer.

    I have learned now, thanks to this, that I can hide things even better. Send the 'thing' for grading !!! It's completely off the books at that point for months !

    If I end up getting to the point of imminent divorce, I will send any boxes I have to BBCE for wrapping (even if already FASC), send in elite raw cards in for grading, and for already graded stuff, sneak them out to a friend's house.

    Any money she could prove from prior sales, well, lost that at the casino.

    Then await the millions to come back in from the graded card returns etc months after divorce is finalized. Boo Yah.

  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

    Good luck with your sales. I have been through a similar situation and it sucks. Keep fighting the good fight and you will be successful in the long run. :)

  • mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

    @MDLB said:
    The more I look at this, this move of sending in 6000 cards for grading, during the start of seeing divorce was imminent, was a very wise move (or very psychotic) As long as wifey doesn't have access to your PSA account, you got 6 months per batch of cards to hide from any financial divorce settlement inclusion. This was very smart I believe and I wouldn't comment further here if on your home computer.

    I have learned now, thanks to this, that I can hide things even better. Send the 'thing' for grading !!! It's completely off the books at that point for months !

    If I end up getting to the point of imminent divorce, I will send any boxes I have to BBCE for wrapping (even if already FASC), send in elite raw cards in for grading, and for already graded stuff, sneak them out to a friend's house.

    Any money she could prove from prior sales, well, lost that at the casino.

    Then await the millions to come back in from the graded card returns etc months after divorce is finalized. Boo Yah.

    This is an interesting, but not surprising response (in general, as I don't know you or your posting habits). I don't know the situation or the OP either, but what if the reason for the failing marriage was a complete irresponsibility in managing household money, by spending on cards instead of other things? Not saying that is the case, nor do I even want to know details, but seems a little one sided to suggest "his" cards should be hidden from a divorce settlement.

    I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
Sign In or Register to comment.