Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Not allowed to buy from eBay seller?????

I made an offer on a card a few minutes ago that was automatically rejected. I go to make another offer and this message pops up. "Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item.This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased or more items from this seller in the past 10 days." Has anyone here ever seen this message?
James

Comments

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Got the same message this past week for the first time. I have never seen it before. It made me wonder if the seller was suspected of schill bidding their auctions in the past and so this is a safety mechanism to combat it. Was annoying since I wanted to buy the item.

• If you follow some of the facebook groups, Ebay sellers will post transaction communications as warnings on certain annoying or sketchy buyers and everyone will ban the Ebay Id just bc they don't want to deal with them.

Not saying that's the case here, but I know a lot of buyers are blocked without their knowledge, because of these groups. You can be sure if you ever won the bid on a card and then messaged the seller with "Hey, can you cancel bc my son accidentally purchased this without my knowledge..." you're certainly banned by a rather large group of sellers.

• This is an option that a seller can set within their account. A seller can block buyers who are currently winning or have purchased an item from them within a certain amount of days. I'm guessing you are currently winning another auction with this seller or recently won one with him.

This is from the eBay Buyer Management page, "Consider selecting this requirement if you are selling expensive items and don't want to sell over a certain number to any single buyer."