Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1957 Hit Stars The Crickets. Buddy Holly PSA Mint 9.

Hey, I'm from the US Coin Forum. I purchased this card about 8 years ago and would like yalls opinion on it. Im not a card collector, but would like to list it. It was listed for a little on ebay, but no bites at my crazy asking price looking for an offer. Whats the best way to sell a top pop obscure card like this? I need to raise some funds after the 2 hurricanes. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

no idea, but that is a cool card.

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just list as an open auction and see where the chips fall. Let the market set the price.

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

This exact card sold for $210 in 2009. According to VCP one sold for $3700 in May 2020.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 12:29AM

very cool card. i think auction would be the wrong way to go.

i would list it at $3k and discount it on a weekly interval until someone swiped it.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Paul McCartney might buy it. Seriously. He owns all the rights to Buddy Holly's music. Is a big fan.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Donna that's a nice card!!

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:

weezers!

• Bluejay, I wouldn't even know how to contact him. I can try though. My luck would be him having the other mint 9. It's pop 2/0. :D

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cajunpoorguy said:
    Bluejay, I wouldn't even know how to contact him. I can try though. My luck would be him having the other mint 9. It's pop 2/0. :D

In a few of the Beatle biography books I've read it was stated that John Lennon got the idea for the name "Beatles" as an offshoot of the name "Crickets".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Cajunpoorguy said:
    Bluejay, I wouldn't even know how to contact him. I can try though. My luck would be him having the other mint 9. It's pop 2/0. :D

In a few of the Beatle biography books I've read it was stated that John Lennon got the idea for the name "Beatles" as an offshoot of the name "Crickets".

I have heard that too.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Bluejay and Joe, that's very cool! I didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

• saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@Nathaniel1960 said:

weezers!

Are there any Mary Tyler Moore cards?

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Well, I messaged Paul McCartney on his facebook. I hope he responds. I know he has a huge following, but no harm in asking, right?

• Good looking card. Best of luck with it. I sure am sorry about the hurricanes.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:

That was Ritchie Valens' (who died with Buddy Holly) song, not Buddy Holly's.

• rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@Nathaniel1960 said:

That was Ritchie Valens' (who died with Buddy Holly) song, not Buddy Holly's.

I do think Peggy Sue was rocking her Chantilly lace that night though

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com