Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What are some of the reasons you would consider crossing over BGS 9.5 into PSA 10 holders??

Why do you do it?

Comments

• Has it ever happened? Don’t know off any one who was able get that grade from psa with bgs cross over

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 3:09PM

the list would be extremely shorter if you asked "why wouldn't you".

BEEP, BEEP!

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

TRIAPD for personal or $$$ for resale.

• MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Set Registry is probably a driver......

edited November 18, 2020 3:33PM

I sure as heck wouldn't attempt a crossover with any straight 9 as a sub grade... that's throwing money into barrel over Niagara Falls IMO. Assuming you are going for a PSA 10 like you specified in your question.

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I only collect PSA, out of preference. so I usually try to crossover all BGS cards I acquire. I can't stand BGS slabs and their internal sleeve.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• I've never had a BVG crossover to PSA for better than 1.5 grades LOWER. So I'd be surprised if you got a 9.5 to a 10.

edited November 19, 2020 6:53AM

I crossed this over about 18 months ago from a Quad x 9.5 subs BGS 9.5/10 Auto holder........... the minimum cross I specified was a PSA 10... so there was no risk on my part.... Topps Heritage is a stronger candidate to cross than the glossier issues like Bowman Chrome for example.... just in my experience.

edited November 19, 2020 7:22AM

Obviously a BGS 10 grade (10,10,10,9.5) is not a crossover you would ever want to attempt into a PSA 10 holder for the tremendous premium you would be sacrificing.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would do it simply because I hate BGS and I’m a PSA loyalist. But as somebody else said, the registry would be a driving force for many collectors too.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox