Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Pleasant surprise at the local ATM

Three sequential Star note $20's and a one off to boot! Brand spanking new, flat and crispy. Anyone have a similar payout? Peace Roy

Positivity with endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, Ricko, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman and others.

Comments

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never gotten anything like that. Way to go!

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great score !

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

What will you do with them @Namvet69

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston well I have been collecting star notes for quite some time. I've added them to my collection. I'm also gonna figure out what they're worth. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

Positivity with endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, Ricko, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman and others.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

I always check my ATM money and I swear the people that vendor them search the bills. I have only found one star note and one radar note since the inception of the ATM.
    Maybe a small premium to a collector but I don’t think a dealer would be interested JMO.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice score

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 18,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet there were quite a bit more in that machine. Usually when there are sequential notes like that, there is at least an entire strap.

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Very rare occurrence.

I have never received that many consecutive star notes.

My record was in 1995 when I received three $10 1990 C stars in order.