Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

lew alcindor

Hey guys im new here and wanting some help on this card ive recently just received sorry the pictures aren't great its a lew alcindor Milwaukee reprint i believe with a gold foil stamp i haven't a clue regarding this card any help is appreciated thanks

Comments

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 8:18PM

Nice looking card. In my experience, these type of reprints don't hold a lot of value. I have several (baseball & football) just because I like them. I even have many that are autographed. Still, not a lot of money there. Maybe try Ebay and see if any are up for sale? Just my opinion and I am admittedly no expert on this particular card. Good luck with it.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Topps has done a ton of reprints. Sometimes it was a single player (Mays, Mantle, Namath, M. Johnson), sometimes it was rookie cards (like the NBA Top 50). Some were what if cards, others were just straight up reprints as inserts.

The bottom line on the back should tell you what set/year it is from. I can't read it from your image. The print is often microscopic, but usually there is a card number too, when the set is numbered different than the number you see on the card image.

I don't know what set that specific reprint is from, but not a rookie image, so probably a couple dollars at most would be my guess.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • hi guys thanks for your replies appreciate the help the details on the card are as follows
    1968 N.B.P.A
    topps reprint 3 0f 13 2001 ive searched all over the internet and cant find any with the specific golden stamp on the top...
    guess its not worth too much

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@probs said:
    hi guys thanks for your replies appreciate the help the details on the card are as follows
    1968 N.B.P.A
    topps reprint 3 0f 13 2001 ive searched all over the internet and cant find any with the specific golden stamp on the top...
    guess its not worth too much

Keep looking. I would guess not, but again, I am not familiar with that card.

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is from a 2001-02 Topps set. If you search eBay completed listings by "2001 Topps Reprint (1970) Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Card lot of 3", you will see it with 2 other cards. The lot sold for $14.99 plus shipping.

Daniel
  • @BaltimoreYankee said:
    It is from a 2001-02 Topps set. If you search eBay completed listings by "2001 Topps Reprint (1970) Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Card lot of 3", you will see it with 2 other cards. The lot sold for $14.99 plus shipping.

i saw them 2 cards mate they dont have the same gold tag in the top right but that gives me some indication on my price to list on ebay thank you very much

• I checked this out on VCP a copy in PSA 10 sold this year for $50. Same card with gold stamp.

• richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭

Anyone with Lew rookies , i am interested in buying..thanks

Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”