Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which of these two cards would you choose and why?

Which of these two cards would you choose and why?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

is there some line going thru Glavine's forehead?

• Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    Pudge RC

Pretty tight, but there are many HOF pitchers. Very few HOF catchers. Assuming similar value, I chose the Ivan.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

Assuming that scratch is on the case on Glavine. I would probably take his 88 score glossy over this one. But this being a true rookie base parallel 88 for Glavine, I like it.

For Pudge, he only has one base card in 1991, the 91 bowman, so I consider that his his first (rookie) card. 1991 TT tiffany is one hell of a card though.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Generally solve these types of disputes by buying both . If I have regrets about 1 later on- I just sell it :#
    1991 Traded Tiffany I always concern myself with the reverse on PSA 10's- not all are created equal.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

I would go Glavine, just because I liked him better as a player. I have no idea as to which is more valuable.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

I think now is the right time to buy either player as they are flying a bit under the radar IMO..... Pudge had most hits for a catcher at plus 2,800 in that range .... Roids are his overhanging issue but he made it into the HOF which leads me to believe other players like Bonds and Clemens will get in along with even Palmiero (500 HR's and 3000 hits) Sheffield plus 500 homers, Sosa too..... we shall see..... I'd lean toward the Glavine of the two ... But Tiffany is the jewel IMO in both cases.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

agree with the dog above.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

Tommy was quite the ice hockey player as well.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

@NGS428 said:
    Assuming that scratch is on the case on Glavine. I would probably take his 88 score glossy over this one. But this being a true rookie base parallel 88 for Glavine, I like it.

For Pudge, he only has one base card in 1991, the 91 bowman, so I consider that his his first (rookie) card. 1991 TT tiffany is one hell of a card though.

I agree with this reasoning. And the Glavine is marginally older. Plus I just dislike Ivan.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pudge RC

Pudge is a top 5 catcher of all time. Glavine was a top 3 pitcher on his team

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Glavine RC

Pudge is steroids tainted, imo. Deferring to a translator, after all his time spent playing and speaking in English, just to say he never took stereos, leaves a very bad taste.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

It’s pretty close, but I would choose the Tom Glavine. It’s just a personal thing for me, but I prefer regular issue rookie cards to Traded/Update issues. And Glavine holds an MLB milestone achievement - 300 wins. Rodriguez is a two time MVP which is significant, but you have to dig through his stats to show his achievements. Glavine- BOOM! 300 wins. So there.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pudge RC

To be clear here just like Bagwell and Rickey Henderson he never tested positive right??? Unlike David Ortiz. Just allegations and the fact that he played in steroid alley in Texas with the likes of Canseco, Palmeiro, Juando and Arod?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies