Home Sports Talk
Options

Athlete to have your back in a bar fight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have to say, John Daly is quite creepy, but not as creepy as this Tom Selleck doll.

@bronco2078 said:
    how is that tom selleck? he looks more like the guy that was married to Maude

Walter or summat

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

that Maude was a handful amIright?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Around here, this is is how we like out Tom Selleck toys to look!

• Options

Are those yours @doubledragon ?

Maybe a month or so ago, I re-watched some episodes in the middle of the day over the course of a week or so. Maybe they are on Charge TV? Anyway, I enjoyed them.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Maybe a month or so ago, I re-watched some episodes in the middle of the day over the course of a week or so. Maybe they are on Charge TV? Anyway, I enjoyed them.

No, unfortunately they're not. For some reason, Tom Selleck fascinates me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of "Blue Bloods" lately.😂😂

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 12:54PM

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

No, unfortunately they're not. For some reason, Tom Selleck fascinates me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of "Blue Bloods" lately.😂😂

I definitely went through my own watching a lot of Blue Bloods phase.

Edit to add: Wait! What? He fascinates you? In what way? Please, tell us more. Perhaps this deserves its own thread... 🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜😜😜

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Edit to add: Wait! What? He fascinates you? In what way? Please, tell us more. Perhaps this deserves its own thread... 🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜😜😜

Tom is a TV legend! Back in the day, I used to watch Magnum PI religiously and now I'm hooked on Blue Bloods. He even has his own Frank Reagan doll!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Tom is a TV legend! Back in the day, I used to watch Magnum PI religiously and now I'm hooked on Blue Bloods. He even has his own Frank Reagan doll!

I am also a fan of Selleck, I was just curious about your use of "fascinates". 😂😂😂😂

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I am also a fan of Selleck, I was just curious about your use of "fascinates". 😂😂😂😂

I guess I'm fascinated because on Blue Bloods, he's just so damn honest and honorable. He's uncorruptable! 😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@VikingDude said:
    Ray Lewis would be in my top 5

Well, we know he's got no limits when it comes to fights outside a club...

I deleted this choice about 20 posts up. Still think it’s in bad taste. Nothing personal to the poster.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

The doll looks like that one eye detective always in a rumpled rain coat. Name escapes me. Duh

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Selleck mustache is epic, but can he do this?

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

The doll looks like that one eye detective always in a rumpled rain coat. Name escapes me. Duh

Peter Falk- Columbo

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@2dueces said:

Peter Falk- Columbo

Thank you @hammer1 Major brain lock!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Ok, that does it, from here on out, November 13th will be known as "Tom Selleck Day". Every November 13th, we will celebrate "Tom Selleck Day."

Happy inaugural "Tom Selleck Day" everybody!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ok, that does it, from here on out, November 13th will be known as "Tom Selleck Day". Every November 13th, we will celebrate "Tom Selleck Day."

I propose it's every Friday the 13th and it be known as "Mustache Ride Day".

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

I propose it's every Friday the 13th and it be known as "Mustache Ride Day".

😂😂 Sounds good to me. Hey, speaking of Tom Selleck, I was able to find this adorable picture of him as a baby!

• Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I highly recommend his "Jesse Stone" movies. I really like them.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

I deleted this choice about 20 posts up. Still think it’s in bad taste. Nothing personal to the poster.

Good point. I'll take care of my reply.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I guess I'm fascinated because on Blue Bloods, he's just so damn honest and honorable. He's uncorruptable! 😂😂

Have you ever seen his famous Rosie O'Donnell show clip?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Have you ever seen his famous Rosie O'Donnell show clip?

Yes, many times. I can't stand Rosie, She was rude to Tom!

• Options

I believe Columbo was mentioned earlier, I am a huge fan. Huge fan!

Just one more thing.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 5:52PM

How about Bas Rutten?

Edit to add...This video is classic.

https://youtu.be/mosX7L25HV8

• Options

@thisistheshow, Bas Rutten is one bad dude for sure!

I'd like this guy to have my back if a brawl broke out.

• Options

Don't mess with Kareem. In this clip, Kent Benson throws a cheap elbow into Kareem's midsection, so Kareem retaliates with a shot to the face.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Don't mess with Kareem. In this clip, Kent Benson throws a cheap elbow into Kareem's midsection, so Kareem retaliates with a shot to the face.

Kareem wrote about this in his autobiography, and he details what he was thinking . He was definitely standing up for himself in that moment, but made the mistake (in my opinion) of hitting him with a closed fist. He broke his hand and missed a couple months.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

OJ. He allegedly can get the job done.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Kareem wrote about this in his autobiography, and he details what he was thinking . He was definitely standing up for himself in that moment, but made the mistake (in my opinion) of hitting him with a closed fist. He broke his hand and missed a couple months.

I would popped him in the midsection, just like he did me. No broken hand, and very effective!

• Options
    edited November 14, 2020 5:34AM

Another guy that I bet could handle himself in a bar fight is Bolo Yeung. He played the character Chong Li, one of my all-time favorite movie villains in the movie "Bloodsport". If you haven't seen it, you should. He was unbelievable as Chong Li, in that movie. Chong Li is one of the all-time best movie villains.

• Options

This guy. He was a maniac.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Another guy that I bet could handle himself in a bar fight is Bolo Yeung. He played the character Chong Li, one of my all-time favorite movie villains in the movie "Bloodsport". If you haven't seen it, you should. He was unbelievable as Chong Li, in that movie. Chong Li is one of the all-time best movie villains.

Is he as good a movie villian as Bruce Dern in 'The Cowboys'.
    I mean Bruce Dern killed John Wayne in that movie. How many movie villians have killed John Wayne?
    Plus in true Dern fashion he kept calling the Duke 'boy' in their scenes together.
    Shot the Duke in the back after he got whipped in a fist fight. A true film villian legend.

• Options

@Darin, It's funny you should mention that because I watched The Cowboys a couple of weeks ago, it was the first time I'd seen it. I was shocked when he killed John Wayne. I was a little bit relieved when those kids got there revenge though. I still like Chong Li better though, if you haven't seen Bloodsport, watch it, Chong Li was vicious. In one scene, he finishes a guy off by breaking his leg, and it shows the bone protruding. You won't be disappointed!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strawberry., but the pre born again minister version. He was always in the middle of any bench clearing brawl.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    @Darin, It's funny you should mention that because I watched The Cowboys a couple of weeks ago, it was the first time I'd seen it. I was shocked when he killed John Wayne. I was a little bit relieved when those kids got there revenge though. I still like Chong Li better though, if you haven't seen Bloodsport, watch it, Chong Li was vicious. In one scene, he finishes a guy off by breaking his leg, and it shows the bone protruding. You won't be disappointed!

I've seen bloodsport but quite a long time ago. I do remember that character from the picture you posted he
    was a very good villian. Another one that stands out to me from 'The Untouchables'.

• Options

DoubleD- By the way the gif of Bruce Lee reminded me I would take him in a bar fight and hope
    4 or 5 guys came after him at the same time. Can you imagine the entertainment value?
    That would be amazing to see Bruce Lee mopping the floor with those bums. :p