Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Using post it tabs with your submissions???

timothy300858timothy300858 Posts: 7

So there has been a lot of back and forth whether its needed or not to use a pull tab on your penny sleeve so that the grader can easily pull your card out of the cardsaver.... And now that you can use top loaders, it seems a no brainer to use them especially with those.... Anyone have an answer to this one?? Thanks in advance

Comments

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Don’t use penny sleeves. They serve no purpose except dinging the corners when you try to put the card in one, IMHO.

• Appreciate the reply but thats not what I was asking for buddy... and in my opinion... not using a penny sleeve is asking for trouble....

• firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

I don't use tabs with card savers but if I am using a top loader on a thick relic-type card. Then I will use blue painters tab to make a pull tab.

Matt

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 8:39PM

@ElvisP said:
    Don’t use penny sleeves. They serve no purpose except dinging the corners when you try to put the card in one, IMHO.

i take it as if op is using toploaders. if so, he definitely needs to. not only that i think psa requires it. cards would slide out way too easily.

eta: if using cs1s, then agree completely w no pennys.

• ok... so like I said.. Im not asking about using penny sleeves... because I will never not use one if Im sending in a card for grading... Lets forget about those... My question is.. has anyone been told its necessary to use a pull tab when submitting a card for grading.... Whether its a cardsaver or a top loader.... You know.. post it makes little tabs that you can stick to the penny sleeve that you just pull on the part that sticks out of the cardsaver.... That way the card comes out without having to bend or do anything crazy with it...

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I read an article a while back that suggested it. I use them on mine. If they use it, great, and if not then I’m out the time it takes me to slap them on. I get them for free anyway. I do think it’s whatever makes you feel comfortable or gives you peace of mind.

edited November 8, 2020 9:15PM

ok, will answer from my own personal experience then.

1. i use cs1s which w slight pressure open up easily to remove the card.

2. have never subbed w a pull tab. until today, first i've ever heard of the term.

3. IF you are using toploaders and it sounds like you are, i am sure they would love for you to use a pull tab as toploaders can be a lil tighter/trickier.

4. i can tell ya, i certainly wish people used them that ship me cards in top loaders. to this date, i have never even been sent one w a pull tab though.

and this is just this weeks incoming toploaders from numerous sources and breakers:

• I run a group sub myself and I get both cardsavers and toploaders... I tell my guys to use the cs 1's but for now psa is accepting the toploaders.... But thanks for the replies guys...

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 9:59AM

OP, I also use 1x3 labels to use as pull tabs on penny sleeves too. They work great for thinner foreign issue stickers that are a pita getting in & out of CS1’s because they bend so easily.

@timothy300858 said:
    I run a group sub myself and I get both cardsavers and toploaders... I tell my guys to use the cs 1's but for now psa is accepting the toploaders.... But thanks for the replies guys...

i'm not running a group sub. this is all personals! 😉