Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WWII V75 metals next big coin?

tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2020 8:46PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Read on other boards buyers paying upwards of 800 for gold and 200 for the silver for Mondays V75 metals on sale. Why would these have additional value? Mintage amount?

Transactions..
wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 8:30PM

The gold is a coin, the silver is medal. Going to try for the gold and if they are only paying 800 for gold you are selling at a loss as they cost 1300 and change

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

medals...not metals FYI
    and this post makes no sense...do you mean 800 over cost for the gold and 200 over cost for the silver?
    what is this other board?
    Thanks for clarification

• Options

Yep 800 over and medals not metals

Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tizofthe said:
    Yep 800 over and medals not metals

thanks...can you post a link or tell us where you see those offers? thanks

• Options

They are on FB silverminers I think is one and a couple others. I subscribe to about 20 so not sure which ones.
    Hope this helps

Transactions..
  • Options

That seems too high to me. Would be interested to see who the actual bidder is.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 9:04AM

The gold is just another modern commemorative coin, has no privy mark and does not have a low mintage number for a modern gold commemorative. However, presales on ebay are exceeding $2500. I suspect when buyers realize these dream prices are dropping rapidly and they can get it much cheaper after it is released, that there will be a lot of ebay returns.

Modern commemorative gold rarely proves to be a winner in the long term. I'll pass.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?