Home Sports Talk

Red Sox re hire Cora

craig44craig44 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just announced that the Red Sox have re hired Joey Cora. Interesting move. I almost thought he would get black balled out of baseball. I guess some people have short memories.

Comments

  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭

    I find it hard to believe that of all the baseball managerial talent out there, that Cora was their choice. Strange decision, not likely he'll get a warm reception when he returns to the Fens!!

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow that’s shocking to me! I definitely thought he would be blackballed too

  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

    Hinch got re-hired immediately too so we shall see.
    They say the players like him.
    It's not my money so one is as good as another.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 6:13PM

    There is no better way for MLB to get people to forget that the cheating ever happened than to act like it never happened.

    Edit clarity

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There's an old song that applies here. "Everything Old Is New Again".

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit
  • TabeTabe Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    Just announced that the Red Sox have re hired Joey Cora. Interesting move. I almost thought he would get black balled out of baseball. I guess some people have short memories.

    Alex, not Joey :)

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

    he is going to hire beltran and hinch as assistants is what I heard

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bronco2078 said:
    he is going to hire beltran and hinch as assistants is what I heard

    Hinch has a job, but I do think Beltran might be available.

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

    and the whole thing is going to be sponsored by a trash can company

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tabe said:

    @craig44 said:
    Just announced that the Red Sox have re hired Joey Cora. Interesting move. I almost thought he would get black balled out of baseball. I guess some people have short memories.

    Alex, not Joey :)

    That's so funny, didn't even notice. Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Alex!!

  • TabeTabe Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @Tabe said:

    @craig44 said:
    Just announced that the Red Sox have re hired Joey Cora. Interesting move. I almost thought he would get black balled out of baseball. I guess some people have short memories.

    Alex, not Joey :)

    That's so funny, didn't even notice. Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Alex!!

    @craig44 said:

    @Tabe said:

    @craig44 said:
    Just announced that the Red Sox have re hired Joey Cora. Interesting move. I almost thought he would get black balled out of baseball. I guess some people have short memories.

    Alex, not Joey :)

    That's so funny, didn't even notice. Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Alex!!

    Right there with you.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I really am disappointed in this move. I don't like the way MLB has handled this. I have said before, and I will repeat, that I believe cheating in MLB to be so rampant that the league could not afford the possible blowback that would be created by punishing players or taking away a championship.

    But the Red Sox are my team, and I am embarrassed by this move.

  • TabeTabe Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    But the Red Sox are my team, and I am embarrassed by this move.

    My guys hired AJ Hinch. I hate it.

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tabe said:

    @thisistheshow said:

    But the Red Sox are my team, and I am embarrassed by this move.

    My guys hired AJ Hinch. I hate it.

    sounds like they gave you a good excuse to stop watching baseball . Send them a thankyou card

Sign In or Register to comment.