Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

For Trade: 2020 WW2 75th Privy American Silver Eagle

I picked up one of them today (confirmation below) and I’m wondering if anyone has any older (pre-WW2) gold or silver American coins they are willing to trade for my 75th Privy SILVER Eagle?

Thanks! :)

«1

Comments

  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just sell it. You can get $500 take the money and buy what you want.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @JimTyler said:
    Just sell it. You can get $500 take the money and buy what you want.

    Hmm I guess we better take down the Trade forums since everyone should just sell their stuff and get what they want.

    Why are the Trade forums still up?

  • JBKJBK Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's just his advice. You can take it or leave it as you desire.

    The coin you are trying to trade is a standard and known quantity with a set value. There is nothing unique about it to entice someone to give you a better deal than if you sold outright.

    But maybe you will get lucky if someone has what you are looking for and wants this coin.

  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    New guys are always worried they might leave a dollar on the table. You’re the back up plan.

  • JBKJBK Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Approx. $400 profit in a day or two on an $83 investment.

    I hear Steve Miller playing "go on take the money and run". :p

  • matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    Would you risk sending money to that seller now? Pass...

  • ike126ike126 Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭

    I just find it very sketchy how all of these random members with like under 100 posts are saying that they have both issues and are ready 2 sell asap....

  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Flip vampires...avoid

    If you don’t like masks you are really going to HATE the vent

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    @segoja said:
    Not a good start to reneg on a deal!!!

    I would hope that no one on the boards will buy this coin, since it was already sold to another board member.

    Telling someone I have something for sale is NOT the same thing as agreeing to a sale. 🙄

    Just like Blu62Vette would be under no obligation to buy my coin if the price drops substantially before I even get mine from the mint.

    I have every right to look for the best offer I can find for my coin until I come to an agreement to sell it and I will NOT let anyone on here try to rip me off by trying to guilt me into selling it to the first person who makes an offer.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @ike126 said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @ike126 said:
    I just find it very sketchy how all of these random members with like under 100 posts are saying that they have both issues and are ready 2 sell asap....

    Who said they had both issues?

    I may have under 100 posts but I did in fact get a 75th Silver Eagle and frankly with a 75,000 mintage it wasn’t even that hard.

    Anyone who went to the US Mint website between 12pm-1pm EST could’ve easily picked up a silver one. Only the gold ones sold out in seconds.

    Oh and lastly, a confirmation from the US Mint is undeniable proof.

    Oh so its ok confirm a deal with a forum member then say nah let me shop around it first is the right thing to do?? Bluvett62 is a stand up guy here on this boards here pretty sure he wouldn't make up stories...

    Yeah I would totally understand your point.. IF I had confirmed it.

    I just asked what he was offering. That is NOT a confirmation or agreement.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 8:47PM

    @blu62vette said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:
    After giving you price, I said I would send funds when you got the coin in hand. then you could ship. You said ok works for me, confirmed it had to come in a sealed box and then sent me to order summary to confirm you had it coming.

    No deal?

    In the coin world your word is your bond. There are people that had to buy the golds at 9k to cover a promise for a 6k deal they made. It is worth losing money to keep your word in this industry. I have confirmed a decent number of these coins on this board. They all know they are getting there money we agreed on whether it goes to 300 or 700. By confirming they give up the upside to lock in the profit and protect the downside also.

    I hope this is a quick lesson for you in the industry, you make a deal, it is done. Many of these deals are just verbal and that is all you need around here.

    But you’re forgetting to say that I sent you a message about this issue a little while ago and you never responded.

    In other words I was trying to come to a terms of agreement with you prior to finalizing my offer and coming to an agreement.

    Basically we were in the process of coming to a deal and before that finalized I did a quick look for any other offers. There is nothing wrong with that.

    We were done, then you posted this thread. So I asked you if we were set since you obviously were not completing the deal. 21 hours later, you now just wrote back saying concerns if the price drops. We had a locked price, but now we are done. Have fun selling it somewhere else.

    Well that’s not quite true but I guess we have our own views of what happened.

    The way I see it is that I put out one last call for offers in trade prior to finalizing my agreement with you.

    Yes It took 21 hours for me to get back to you but I’m a paramedic and work 24 hour shifts. I can’t help that, especially now with The coronavirus pandemic going wild.

    Anyway, I’m sorry if you feel like I broke a deal. In my mind the deal was still in the process of being finalized but I first needed to make sure your offer wouldn’t change if the price of the coin changed prior to me receiving it.

    You say “we had a locked price”, but in my mind I wasn’t sure if it was locked so I asked you if it was prior to agreeing to our deal. Which was a couple of hours ago so obviously the deal had not been finalized when I posted this post yesterday.

    Best of luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for!

  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭

    Understand the desire to shop around and see who is offering what. These Mint offerings lead to a lot of chaos and hurt feelings and greed (from both buyers and sellers).

    Two points from each poster:
    1. It was not easy to get one on the release date. Long time customers (myself included) were banned for an hour for hitting refresh on the page. The technical glitches were absurd.
    2. If someone (a dealer) made agreements to sell the gold at $6000, that was just plain stupid. The writing was on the wall all along that this was going to be a $10,000+ gold coin. The mintage is crazy low for a popular issue...1945. This is not a first spouse modern, this is a popular gold proof.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @jclovescoins said:
    Understand the desire to shop around and see who is offering what. These Mint offerings lead to a lot of chaos and hurt feelings and greed (from both buyers and sellers).

    Two points from each poster:
    1. It was not easy to get one on the release date. Long time customers (myself included) were banned for an hour for hitting refresh on the page. The technical glitches were absurd.
    2. If someone (a dealer) made agreements to sell the gold at $6000, that was just plain stupid. The writing was on the wall all along that this was going to be a $10,000+ gold coin. The mintage is crazy low for a popular issue...1945. This is not a first spouse modern, this is a popular gold proof.

    Wait are you talking about the Gold Eagle? Because we were talking about the Silver one with a 75,000 mintage.

    Also I waited like everyone and ended up getting banned for “frame limit”, but eventually after about 10 minutes I got my coin and made it through.

    However I too am upset that I got banned when I literally had a V75 Gold Eagle in my bag and so I could not purchase it.

    I am grateful I got a Silver one though.

  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 41,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

    +1

    Wanna buy acoinshop.com ?

  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

    While you’ve been dicken around buy prices from honorable buyers have dropped. Keep it up. What an amateur move.

  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I suspect the OP’s moniker says it all.

    Waiting for the swell in PM's and surf.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @JimTyler said:
    Just sell it. You can get $500 take the money and buy what you want.

    Hmm I guess we better take down the Trade forums since everyone should just sell their stuff and get what they want.

    Why are the Trade forums still up?

    Selling or buying is trading for money, no?

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:
    After giving you price, I said I would send funds when you got the coin in hand. then you could ship. You said ok works for me, confirmed it had to come in a sealed box and then sent me to order summary to confirm you had it coming.

    No deal?

    In the coin world your word is your bond. There are people that had to buy the golds at 9k to cover a promise for a 6k deal they made. It is worth losing money to keep your word in this industry. I have confirmed a decent number of these coins on this board. They all know they are getting there money we agreed on whether it goes to 300 or 700. By confirming they give up the upside to lock in the profit and protect the downside also.

    I hope this is a quick lesson for you in the industry, you make a deal, it is done. Many of these deals are just verbal and that is all you need around here.

    But you’re forgetting to say that I sent you a message about this issue a little while ago and you never responded.

    In other words I was trying to come to a terms of agreement with you prior to finalizing my offer and coming to an agreement.

    Basically we were in the process of coming to a deal and before that finalized I did a quick look for any other offers. There is nothing wrong with that.

    We were done, then you posted this thread. So I asked you if we were set since you obviously were not completing the deal. 21 hours later, you now just wrote back saying concerns if the price drops. We had a locked price, but now we are done. Have fun selling it somewhere else.

    Well that’s not quite true but I guess we have our own views of what happened.

    The way I see it is that I put out one last call for offers in trade prior to finalizing my agreement with you.

    Yes It took 21 hours for me to get back to you but I’m a paramedic and work 24 hour shifts. I can’t help that, especially now with The coronavirus pandemic going wild.

    Anyway, I’m sorry if you feel like I broke a deal. In my mind the deal was still in the process of being finalized but I first needed to make sure your offer wouldn’t change if the price of the coin changed prior to me receiving it.

    You say “we had a locked price”, but in my mind I wasn’t sure if it was locked so I asked you if it was prior to agreeing to our deal. Which was a couple of hours ago so obviously the deal had not been finalized when I posted this post yesterday.

    Best of luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for!

    Not normally the most kosher thing to do here, but posting PMs showing who said what would allow others to decide if it was a done deal or not.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    @segoja said:
    Not a good start to reneg on a deal!!!

    I would hope that no one on the boards will buy this coin, since it was already sold to another board member.

    Telling someone I have something for sale is NOT the same thing as agreeing to a sale. 🙄

    Normally you tell others something is for sale by posting it is in the BST and then confirm (agree) to a deal via PMs. Question is "did you reach an agreement with your fellow board member?"

    Message me on how to get $40 free while earning 1% cashback on ebay purchases. Offer expires Dec. 25.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    @segoja said:
    Not a good start to reneg on a deal!!!

    I would hope that no one on the boards will buy this coin, since it was already sold to another board member.

    Telling someone I have something for sale is NOT the same thing as agreeing to a sale. 🙄

    Normally you tell others something is for sale by posting it is in the BST and then confirm (agree) to a deal via PMs. Question is "did you reach an agreement with your fellow board member?"

    No I didn’t confirm anything. I was in the process of coming to an agreement and the last thing I asked him was if his $500 offer would change based on what the price of the coin does between when I sent the message and when I get the coin from the Mint.

    He never responded.

    You can’t say a deal is agreed too when one of the partys to that deal is still asking questions about how it will work.

    So no I won’t apologize for anything except that I’m sorry he misinterpreted what was going on.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 6:10PM

    @wondercoin said:
    “After giving you price, I said I would send funds when you got the coin in hand. then you could ship. You said ok works for me, confirmed it had to come in a sealed box and then sent me to order summary to confirm you had it coming. No deal?”

    Gam3rBlake: Everyone should take very seriously the honoring of their deals here, and everywhere in their life. I believe you mentioned blu62vette in our PM discussions about your coin- isn’t that correct? If that is the case (and I am not stating what you said to me) please go back and re-read your communications with him and determine if you indeed said “ok works for me”. If you did, apologize to him and ask him for another chance to honor your deal. That is the right thing to do. If you didn’t, it would probably be a good idea to quote here exactly what you did say in your exchanges so the board members can draw their own conclusions about whether you indeed sold your coin or not.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Wondercoin

    I do take my word seriously.

    I told him that the shipping aspect of how it works “sounds good to me”. (making sure when sold I keep it sealed in OGP as the Mint sends it).

    I followed this up by asking if his $500 is going to fluctuate based on the price changes of the coin between then and when I receive it from the US Mint.

    He never responded to that.

    In my mind if someone stops responding to negotiations about a deal it means the deal is null & void.

    Just because one aspect of a deal is agreed to doesn’t mean the whole deal is complete and agreed too.

    To put it into perspective: He didn’t even send me an address to send the coin too!

    A deal isn’t concluded until the seller has the buyer’s address & the money for the product being sold.

    Not when the seller simply agrees that the item should still be sealed if sold.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @foraiur said:
    Huh? Unless I've misread the buyer was making an offer for your confirmed purchased coin. Why on earth would part of that be that they could lower that price later. This entire thing is just weird and seems like you are better off figuring out what you want to do once you have your coin in hand. Quite a lot of anxiety about whether you could somehow get more money or someone is scheming to give you less.

    Well the fact is is that the coin could’ve easily dropped from $500 to $250 or lower.

    I didn’t plan on selling it unless I could get $500 for it.

    So before agreeing to the deal I simply wanted to make sure that I would get $500 for it no matter what.

    When he refused to answer that I considered the deal null & void.

    I’m not going to agree to sell something for $500 and then a week later have the buyer change their offer to $200 and use the excuse “the value dropped since then”.

    No. It’s either $500 like the buyer offered OR I consider the deal VOID. Which is what happened.

  • foraiurforaiur Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

    As said, you should wait till you have your coin. Your description is not how sales here work because what your describing isn't actually a sale.

  • KliaoKliao Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 6:22PM

    @Gam3rBlake said:
    I didn’t plan on selling it unless I could get $500 for it.

    So before agreeing to the deal I simply wanted to make sure that I would get $500 for it no matter what.

    It’s either $500 like the buyer offered OR I consider the deal VOID. Which is what happened.

    The buyer did offer you $500. I don't get why you would think the price would go down. When a creditable person states a price, it's not going to change regardless of the market.
    Many dealers would rather loose a little money on one deal to keep up their credibility with the community.

    Young Numismatist/collector
    Visit my eBay store kliao-69
    28 Positive BST transactions with 21 members and counting!

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

    @Kliao said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:
    I didn’t plan on selling it unless I could get $500 for it.

    So before agreeing to the deal I simply wanted to make sure that I would get $500 for it no matter what.

    It’s either $500 like the buyer offered OR I consider the deal VOID. Which is what happened.

    The seller did offer you $500. I don't get why you would think the price would go down. When a creditable person states a price, it's not going to change regardless of the market.

    1). How should I know who is credible?

    2). The seller offered $500 several days ago. The coin will be here next week. It’s very possible for a coin’s sale price to decrease over a few weeks.

  • Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 6:24PM

    @foraiur said:
    As said, you should wait till you have your coin. Your description is not how sales here work because what your describing isn't actually a sale.

    How is it not a sale?
    I’m looking to sell my confirmed V75 ASE IF the dealer agrees to maintain their original offer regardless of the fluctuation of the coin’s price between then and when I send it.

  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭

    Dude stop bumping your thread to the top and respond via PM. This is a BST advertisement. Read the rules

  • KliaoKliao Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Gam3rBlake said:
    1). How should I know who is credible?

    High post count, long time member, and you could always ask for references from other members.

    2). The seller offered $500 several days ago. The coin will be here next week. It’s very possible for a coin’s sale price to decrease over a few weeks.

    Like I said Many dealers would rather loose money on one deal to keep up their credibility no matter the market.

    Young Numismatist/collector
    Visit my eBay store kliao-69
    28 Positive BST transactions with 21 members and counting!

  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @derryb said:

    @Gam3rBlake said:

    @blu62vette said:
    Didnt you agree to sell this to me yesterday in our PM's?

    @segoja said:
    Not a good start to reneg on a deal!!!

    I would hope that no one on the boards will buy this coin, since it was already sold to another board member.

    Telling someone I have something for sale is NOT the same thing as agreeing to a sale. 🙄

    Normally you tell others something is for sale by posting it is in the BST and then confirm (agree) to a deal via PMs. Question is "did you reach an agreement with your fellow board member?"

    No I didn’t confirm anything. I was in the process of coming to an agreement and the last thing I asked him was if his $500 offer would change based on what the price of the coin does between when I sent the message and when I get the coin from the Mint.

    He never responded.

    You can’t say a deal is agreed too when one of the partys to that deal is still asking questions about how it will work.

    So no I won’t apologize for anything except that I’m sorry he misinterpreted what was going on.

    You never asked anything about if prices dropped.

    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 15,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

    “Dude stop bumping your thread to the top and respond via PM. This is a BST advertisement. Read the rules”

    Under long-standing tacit, if not clearly understood, rules, if you are truly being “attacked” or challenged, such as this, you are free to address the grievances against you without regard to the 1 post a day rule.

    Wondercoin

    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 15,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

    “You never asked anything about if prices dropped.”

    Relax.... we are getting there. 😊

    Wondercoin

    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭

    @wondercoin said:
    “Dude stop bumping your thread to the top and respond via PM. This is a BST advertisement. Read the rules”

    Under long-standing tacit, if not clearly understood, rules, if you are truly being “attacked” or challenged, such as this, you are free to address the grievances against you without regard to the 1 post a day rule.

    Wondercoin

    Looked pretty clear based on what Todd had posted, not sure how anyone could interpret it any other way. Have a good nite fellas.

  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 15,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 7:23PM

    I am not sure who Todd is. And, I am not sure Todd was around (20) years ago when the course of conduct rules began going into effect here. If your integrity is seriously challenged or attacked, you have the right to confront your attackers. In fact, everyone writing on this thread wants the OP to address their points. True? This makes perfect sense... yes? Anyone would want the right to respond to a serious challenge on their integrity. I can assure you this is not “good marketing” for the OP’s trade offer.

    Wondercoin

    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
Sign In or Register to comment.