Home Sports Talk
Options

Will there ever be another unbeaten season?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will we ever see another NFL team run the table?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 12:13PM

The Steelers are currently the only unbeaten team still left this season with a record of 7-0. They play Dallas Sunday, so they'll be 8-0 on Sunday. They'll get beat eventually, it's only a matter of time before the 72' Dolphins are popping champagne and getting jiggy with it.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

lock this thread before all the remaining miami dolphins fossils show up

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 11:42AM

I’m going to say no and not a chance this years Steelers team does it. I think once playoffs are locked up it’s too risky to keep starters on the field in meaningless games unless Ofcourse your Bill Belichick

• Options

I would have to agree, there is just too much risk in playing starters for that long. The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl.

• Options

Meanwhile, for those who are interested, you can learn more about the 72' Dolphins on...

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember having a terrible feeling when the Patriots beats the Giants that last game. I really wanted us to lose that game, so as to assure the necessary intangibles to win the SB.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure.

May not happen for a long time but someone will run the table.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Different era. Salary caps. High $$$ free agency. Tough to put together a perfect season when players aren’t there long enough to really jell. I mean a few years together, OL, DL etc. the closest we’ve come in 48 years was with the GOAT and HOFer Randy Moss. Only a fluke prevented it. Plus this is 19 games, not 17. I say not in my lifetime

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2020 12:27PM

I would compare an unbeaten season to my dream of becoming a crooner, it just ain't going to happen. Now it's time for a little jingle I wrote.

♫"I don't care if the sun doesn't shine, I'll do my drinking in the evening time."♫

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure at some point there will be another unbeaten team. thought for sure the 07 patriots were the one. if not for david tyree...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It all depends. If a team manages to get through an entire season without losing a game then the answer is yes. Otherwise, no. It's that simple.