Home Sports Talk
Options

Breaking News...Breaking News...Breaking News

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was on the crawl over and over and over during the Sunday Saints game after Brees passed Brady for TD passes. Why bother. These 2 QB's will probably play 2-3 more years and the record breaking will go back/forth during that time many times over. Spare us the countless updates please. It's one thing to break a record of a retired player, but not one who is still active and where the 2 are in such close proximity to continue scoring TD's. Filler news.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

its definitely one of those stats that will flip flop all season. Sort of like back when Ryan and Carlton were changing the all time lead for strikeouts every start. it only went on for about a season.

I think this will be Brees last season. He is already at noodle arm status at this point. he completes 75% of his passes, but they are all 4 yard dump offs

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

even less exciting than the number of new corona cases in the last 19.75 hours

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yeah.

Maybe it's just me, but I do not care for the use of the seesaw as a visual in this manner. The idea of a seesaw, back and forth, makes sense. But on a seesaw, more weight means down. But more TDs means up. I realize that this is a trivial, somewhat nonsensical point.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:
    Yeah.

Maybe it's just me, but I do not care for the use of the seesaw as a visual in this manner. The idea of a seesaw, back and forth, makes sense. But on a seesaw, more weight means down. But more TDs means up. I realize that this is a trivial, somewhat nonsensical point.

I had this same thought when they showed the graphic! high five!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

show the super bowl rings graphic please

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find the obsession that many people have about Tom Brady to be rather odd.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

y> @Hydrant said:

yes, the obsession is strong. have you seen Lebron fans across the street though? it is a whole other level of crazy

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I'm obsessed with Joe Louis, as a matter of fact, I have a $150.00 bid on a Joe Louis card right now on Ebay, and the pilgrims made me do it!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'm obsessed with Joe Louis, as a matter of fact, I have a $150.00 bid on a Joe Louis card right now on Ebay, and the pilgrims made me do it!

I won, I won! Just look at Joe throwing a punch on this MEGA RARE card, he looks so cool!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon Congratulations

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon Congratulations

Thanks buddy! It was one of those 9 day auctions, they drag on and on and on. You could take a trip to Disney World and come home and there's still 4 days to go in the auction!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Double D!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

Not as odd as you not understanding it lol.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Not as odd as you not understanding it lol.

Tom Brady is the best to ever do it, and played two decades for my team in my home state where I grew up and plays my favorite sport. So it's not obsession, but there is an interweaving of Tom Brady and a lot of people, myself included.