Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Queen Anne 1708 Shilling in color!

Prooflike with toning, Great Britain 1708 shilling of Queen Anne third bust.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 312 year old beauty!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that is nice.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one but it sure does not look like that!

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that one a lot!
    She needs to come live with me if you get tired of her.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Wow! Amazing coin!

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice 😄

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it raw? Grade?

Superb coin, strike, and color. Congrats! It beats my example. :+1:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    atomatom Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@brg5658 said:
    Is it raw? Grade?

Superb coin, strike, and color. Congrats! It beats my example. :+1:

Pcgs ms64

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

That obv is awesome. I can see the grade. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolute stunner! I aspire to have one half as nice!

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@atom : your example of this shilling is superb! The strike is better than my PCGS MS64 example, and the color and surfaces are superior to several MS65 and even an MS66 example that have sold over the past few years. Congrats again.

A truly special coin! :+1::heart:

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• Options
    atomatom Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@brg5658 said:
    @atom : your example of this shilling is superb! The strike is better than my PCGS MS64 example, and the color and surfaces are superior to several MS65 and even an MS66 example that have sold over the past few years. Congrats again.

A truly special coin! :+1::heart:

Thanks, but your example is also a stunner!
    I'll have to admit I was expecting to receive a higher grade - even a MS66 - slightly disappointing.
    Many buyers are fixated on the labeled grade, not the coin. When seeing a coin like this I feel eye-appeal should be a greater factor in determining grade. The reflective surfaces are more pronounced that the images show, but I wouldn't be able to make pictures even close to Phil's.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful.