Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Selling some Type coins. (new additions, 11/2)

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 13, 2020 7:15PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I've decided to start selling parts of my collection that have been around for long enough or just don't hold my attention based on where I tend to collect today. I'll accept PayPal, Personal Check, Cashiers Check or USPS Money Order. If you have any questions or offers(don't try to beat me up!), please PM and I'll answer the best I can.

Al H.

1874 Shield Nickel/MS61 ANACS. I know the holder will probably scare everyone off but the coin is pretty nice, though probably closer to AU58 than Mint State, so that's where I priced it. It's quite well struck and the obverse is clean, the color in the slab shot is what it really looks like. I bought it mainly for the crazy die cracks which encircle the shield. $205

1845 Braided Hair Large Cent, N-4 Jules Reiver/AU Details-Cleaned NCS. I bought this about 15 years ago out of that "Jules Reiver" Auction, I think it was held by Goldberg's. The coin doesn't have hairline evidence from cleaning, more than likely it was dipped somehow and maybe retoned. I have it priced as an AU53. $225

HK-294 South Carolina Interstate and West Indian Exposition, 1901-1902 So-Called Dollar/MS66 NGC. The insert on this one really got screwed up by NGC: they call it N. Carolina and HK-494, but it's still a lovely medal with a superb design. Also, while it's listed as Brass it likely struck in Gilt Copper and just needs to be changed in Hibler-Kappen. $875
NGC cert link --- https://ngccoin.com/certlookup/3675201-005/66/

HK-835 Bickford Dollar, circa 1897 So-Called Dollar/MS66 NGC. The Bickford Dollars are one of my favorite So-Called Dollars, this example with a Brass center might be the most common of the five collectible types. It's very bright and well deserving of the grade. $240
NGC cert link --- https://ngccoin.com/certlookup/2598462-003/66/

HK-756 Dr. Elisha Kane Kent, 1857 So-Called Dollar/MS64 NGC. A nice chocolate brown example of a more rare medal, listed as an R-7 and not seen often. There is a light patch at the center of the reverse where it appears that some of the planchet has flaked away, de-lamination. The medal commemorates Kane's participation in expeditions to locate a Northwest passage through the Arctic. Both expeditions ended in what is now Hudson Bay. $475

Comments