Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about Tuff Stuff

Good afternoon all,

I am usually on the coin and currency forums. I came across my old sports cards and I was looking up the value on tuff stuff (online for free). Is this source reliable? I am curious to know how it is compared to Beckett? (have to pay to look online)

For example: I have a 1998 Peyton Manning Rookie Card that has a value of $20 on tuff stuff, but it seems to be selling for $40-$50 on eBay.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

If you looked at eBay you looked at the reliable source. Also worth noting that Tuff Stuff went out of business about 12 years ago and just left their website up as an archive of the last issue as a courtesy.

• coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Is there a Beckett catalog that can be brought that includes price guides for all sports in just one book? I see Beckett baseball, Beckett football and Beckett basketball that are all separate magazines on amazon.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020 12:23PM

Looking at price guides is a waist of time. Look at completed auctions on eBay. You may also try completed auctions on the psa site.

• coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @ElvisP . That does make since. Auctions show what you could get if you decide to sell.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020 1:02PM

Imagine trying to price a lesser condition, common bullion coin in a monthly or worse yet annual guide, same concept. Current spot is all that matters.