Home Sports Talk
Options

The Cowboys - dysfunction in Dallas

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll follow the Cowboys and their dysfunctional family reality TV show in this thread.

Comments

• Options

So, in last weeks episode, anonymous Cowboys players supposedly aired their grievances towards the coaching staff to the NFL Network's Jane Slater. Which in turn, led to Jerry Jones getting on a morning radio show and saying it was basically all BS and that those reports have no credibility.

• Options
    edited October 26, 2020 12:04PM

In this week's episode, Mike McCarthy has called out his players for not sticking up for Andy Dalton after taking that hit from Jon Bostic in yesterday's Washington game.

• Options
    edited October 26, 2020 12:09PM

Now there's dysfunction on the forum, we have two Cowboys threads going. 😂😂😂

• Options

The Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones is undeterred by a 2-5 record, he says "It's going to take time."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-undeterred-by-2-5-it-s-going-to-take-time

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys got beat by....

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take time my butt. Until Jerry Jones removes himself from football and does what most owners do, sign checks the Cowboys will continue to be a dumpster fire.
    Earth to Steven Jones. You made a mistake. Don’t wait. Fire the whole coaching staff today. Bring in a young energetic college coach with fresh ideas. Start dealing, or cutting your big salary, no production players. The season is over but save your money and rebuild TODAY! You can get some draft choices for a few of the bums you paid $20M a year. Take anything. Get some draft choices for your DL. Find a willing trade partner for Zeke and his over paid salary. Take a 3rd rounder. Build now before you pay this team another dime.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Jones will never relinquish complete control of the Cowboys until the day he dies.

As an Eagles fan, I hope Jerry lives forever. LOL

• Options

Rumor has it the NFL is looking for the next Hershel Walker deal for the Cowboys.
    It’s going to be a 31 team blockbuster deal involving 53 players about 2 from each. Sources are calling it the mini expansion Cowboys deal. Along with 53 new players the Cowboys will have 3 consecutive byes and awarded 2 wins to get ready for their playoff run starting week 10. News has fans scrambling for new jerseys with names to be filled in later.
    Comments from Jerry Jones include “We are the Cowboys, so” and “I had the final say and I thought this was a good deal for everyone.”
    Stay tuned for players to be named and opinions from avid Dallas fan dimeman.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020 9:24AM

that was more than a 25-3 shellacking to a doormat

that was an it-took-less-than-half-a-season-to-reveal-that-you-once-again-hired-the-wrong-guy-for-the-job type of loss

i don't care if dimeman is behind center, when you have ezekiel elliott, amari cooper and ceedee lamb at your disposal and score 3 points against washington...........that means your team has checked out and you've lost the locker room........never for it to return

a shrewd owner/gm combo admits their mistake, cuts bait and gets after it again. JJ will hang on to mccarthy for 3 or 4 more years and the only thing he'll have to show for it is 3-4 prime years sliced off the careers of the aforementioned guys, plus Prescott's

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

jerry jones values coaches that brown nose him over coaches with ability

• Options

@galaxy27 See my post 3 posts ago. I agree. Cut your losses and move on.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The Dallas players right now....

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

McCarthy bringing in Nolan as DC is the move that really made this defense collapse, along with losing it's best players. Scheme changes. Obtuse decision making.
    Etc.

• Options