Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone ever have a Roomba run over their cards?

I was in the living room and the Roomba was going around the house and I get near my office and look inside and the Roomba ran into my card boxes and dumped a stack of 1991 Classic cards over from their perch and did a number on them. I've been busy buying sealed sets and boxes and running out of good storage space so these were a bit exposed. Thankfully I had secured the Undertaker rookie into a card saver but some other wrestlers did not come out unscathed. Normally it would be no big deal but there have been some decent prices on Hogans, Ultimate Warrior, etc so a handful of cards no longer will be going to Newport Beach. It could be much worse, but I hate to think that I did damage to cards that otherwise were pack fresh from a cello pack.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your roomba just became self aware.
    The cards are just the first step. Try to destroy the roomba, but you probably
    won't be able to as it most likely has put up self protection defenses.
    Good luck to you sir, you are in for quite a battle these next few days.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you about the storage space. I got cards everywhere, and occasionally, I'll accidentally knock a box over and stuff will just take some beating and banging. Storage can be a headache.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

if want to see some real destruction google what happens when a roomba crosses paths with a fresh dog log.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roomba's have a mind of their own, and if they gang up on you, you're in trouble!