Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Price guide recommendations

Hello all,
I have always used the price guides as easy and simple way to look up what cards have the most value in a set and also as a listing of the rookie cards in each set (baseball only). It has been so long that the most recent guide I have is a Beckett Baseball card plus from 2005. Please note, I do not use it for determining a card's price.
I tried to figure out if they even make these anymore or not. What is available out there?

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

they still publish Beckett. I think they are it for print price guides though.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Beckett Almanac for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

They still make Beckett....its around 10 bucks per now, but I get about one per year. The pricing is a joke, but it is good for a quick reference for insert sets, rookies, etc

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

kind of sad that Beckett is really all that is left. I loved the heyday of hobby publications. I think Tuff Stuff was may favorite, but also read sportscard trader, baseball cards, baseball card magazine, collectors sportsview (best pictures as i recall), Topps magazine, SCD. It seems there was a ton more, just cant remember off the top of my head

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Beckett magazine is worthless to me, but I buy the Almanac once every 2 years because it catalogs a lot of the oddball sets and team issues I collect. I use it for checklists and the brief set descriptions and it’s helped me get new sets recognized by PSA.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    The Beckett magazine is worthless to me, but I buy the Almanac once every 2 years because it catalogs a lot of the oddball sets and team issues I collect. I use it for checklists and the brief set descriptions and it’s helped me get new sets recognized by PSA.

Agreed.