Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What has happened to LT rookies

I was just tracking sold prices on PSA 9 Lawrence Taylor rookies. just a year ago, these were easily had for $100-$150. now all of a sudden they are selling for 1k! glad i got mine for $100. wish i would have bought 10 or so...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

80s stuff is now considered 'vintage'...........gotta love that!!!

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am glad i bought my two years ago for far less then they are going for now. i also wish i would have got a nine.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had several bought my current one about two years ago in PSA 9 I love the card but if I was not attached I would sell. The market for a lot of this stuff that I collect is at all time highs. I just try not to think about the $ aspect as much as possible but it is hard not to do so

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear what you are saying. Mine is not for sale either. When I bought, I think 10's were around 1100-1200 and I thought, no way. they are in the stratosphere now.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

gentleman

I am totally shocked

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i believe the new hip term is that "they've gonna aladdin".

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2020 2:13PM

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my 8's in 2013, 9's in 2015. Cool to see heavy demand but with LT being the reason I'm a UNC fan I'm far too attached to sell. o:) . If he were more of a Rice/Montana off the field the prices would have been higher anyway, because on the field and for his career he's a Top 3-5 all time great in my opinion.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

This card always made me sad. If anyone ever deserved an iconic rookie card with a photo capturing the speed and violence of the game, it was LT. I guess we get a bit of "the thinker" element of the sport in this pic, but it's just not enough.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thehallmark said:
    This card always made me sad. If anyone ever deserved an iconic rookie card with a photo capturing the speed and violence of the game, it was LT. I guess we get a bit of "the thinker" element of the sport in this pic, but it's just not enough.

you are correct. the image is weak