Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is a first for me

Have any of you ever had a PSA cert removal request for a card you still own? I got my first one recently. It made me very nervous because it is a higher end card in my top registry set. I immediately ran over to my collection to make sure that the card was still in my possession. Thankfully it was. Me being a bit suspicious, I am wondering: Did the person requesting the removal trying to steal my cert number for their set? or Did they enter the wrong cert number? or Is there a fake card/holder out there with my cert? or Is my card fake? As you can see this has caused me to think into overdrive. I replied back to PSA on the removal request that I still own the card. I check my registry set everyday to ensure it has not been forcibly removed by PSA. What are your experiences with this?

Comments

• Options

Yes. Sometimes you have to send scans....I bet it is a transposed number from another card rather than intentional.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the time someone just entered the wrong cert number.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently submitted a removal request of a high end card I purchased. I usually wait until I have card in hand but I had a funny feeling that this seller was scamming. I received back a denial for removal which confirmed my suspicions. I used that information to get my return approved and to let the scammer know that he had been busted. I had no problem getting my money back at that point.

Someone might have done the same thing that I did regarding your card.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    I recently submitted a removal request of a high end card I purchased. I usually wait until I have card in hand but I had a funny feeling that this seller was scamming. I received back a denial for removal which confirmed my suspicions. I used that information to get my return approved and to let the scammer know that he had been busted. I had no problem getting my money back at that point.

I am glad it worked out for you. But my card was never for sale and was never displayed anywhere other than my registry set. Come to think about it, I may have posted it here on one of the "New purchases of the month" threads. So far I have check daily and it is still in my set. As jay0791 mentioned, I am hoping it was just a typo error.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@JBrules said:

I am glad it worked out for you. But my card was never for sale and was never displayed anywhere other than my registry set. Come to think about it, I may have posted it here on one of the "New purchases of the month" threads. So far I have check daily and it is still in my set. As jay0791 mentioned, I am hoping it was just a typo error.

I think JBR is saying that one possibility is that somebody else was selling a card in a fake holder, with a fake label with the same Cert # as your card. One way to out the scammer is to try to add the (duplicate) Cert number to one’s registry.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think JBR is saying that one possibility is that somebody else was selling a card in a fake holder, with a fake label with the same Cert # as your card. One way to out the scammer is to try to add the (duplicate) Cert number to one’s registry.

I understand now. Thank you.