Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question concerning declared value

Say for instance, I have a 1971 topps football card Johnny Unitas I am going to have graded. I am guessing it would be graded an 8 so my declared value would be for $199 or less as the value on smr would be $110 for an 8 grade. But if it comes back as a 9 it's worth $2300. Do they cap the grade at nothing better than an 8 or do they make you pay more and give you the 9? This is completely new to me. I just inherited a vintage collection and I'm trying to figure out options and costs.

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

going off the deets and figs you provided, sub it at the $199 level. IF it comes back a 9, they can up charge you to the $75 level in which they will contact you via email and you'll have to pay the additional fee + additional shipping insurance before they send it back to you.

good news is that if it does 9, it could slide out w/o the up charge, too.

either way, you should be happy if it does 9 but there's no reason to sub it at $75 level imo.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards!

Sub it at the $199 level and try to provide a scan of cards you have questions on in the future.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Thanks