Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's been awhile, show us your 'You Suck'(s)

2»

Comments

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:
    I cherrypick stuff all the time but never to the level where I got an official You Suck™ award here. Not many homeruns for me, but lots of singles and the occasional ringing double.

Sean Reynolds

I'd rather have a consistent .300 hitter on my team that a guy who hits 60 home runs for one year

• Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020 7:17AM

This is all I got.
    Submission 213250, Order 21975380, 12 Items
    Line Items Cert # PCGS # Description Grade Region
    1 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    2 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    3 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    4 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    5 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    6 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    7 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    8 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    9 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    10 1 In Process In Process 2006-W $50 In Process USA
    11 1 In Process In Process 2010-W $50 In Process USA
    12 1 In Process In Process 1990 $50 In Process USA

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020 9:34AM

Hey guy's. Many beautiful "you suck" coins here. Deservingly so! Here is my question. I have never received one of these honorable mentions. Here is a Walker I not too long ago Cherry picked for the price of $50. The owner at first was asking $55, but I asked him if he would take $5 off because of the chunk missing from the top of the slab? He agreed. So here is my before and after pics after I crossed it to the PCGS holder. It clearly is the "missing initials " variety. In which, for some strange reason they didn't see it that way? Despite my coin having all the die markers that the variety has. Anyway, it did end up crossing over with one added bonus. They actually upgraded the coin! From an ms 64 to a ms 65. This coin started out to be valued at $50. Now, after the uptick of a grade and of course, the "missing initials " variety, the coin can now be valued at a possible $1700? Here are the photos. Can my coin now possibly be considered to receive that coveted, "you suck" award? Lol. Thanks guy's. :*

1945 ms 65 "missing initials "

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my cherry picks:

[none qualify as "you suck awards]

1909 S Lincoln cent bought from a dealer, now in a F-12 NGC holder as 1909 S VDB.
    1909 S Lincoln, off eBay as AU, now in an MS 63 RB holder

1858/7 Flying eagle cents: 1- F-12, 1= VF20, and one an xf-45.

1864 L Indian Head cent (#13) ranging from AG (cost 30 cents) to XF paid $160, because to a RPD,

Buffalo nickels: 1930 5 leg Buffalo, and 1930 DDR

Jefferson DDR, #5 ranging from VG to Fine
    1943/2 two VG and 2 AU

Merc: 1921 P in junk silver, VG for $1

and many others. I'll post more if requested.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of the 3 in my sig line, I could only find photos of the 1901-O Micro O. They are currently the photos used on VAMWorld for the variety, that I took in 2008 when I cherrypicked it. I was told at the time it was the finest known, and may still be. I sure have come a long way with my photography skills and equipment since then!

Here's a link to the VAMWorld page: http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/wiki/1901-O_VAM-42

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Hey guy's. Many beautiful "you suck" coins here. Deservingly so! Here is my question. I have never received one of these honorable mentions. Here is a Walker I not too long ago Cherry picked for the price of $50. The owner at first was asking $55, but I asked him if he would take $5 off because of the chunk missing from the top of the slab? He agreed. So here is my before and after pics after I crossed it to the PCGS holder. It clearly is the "missing initials " variety. In which, for some strange reason they didn't see it that way? Despite my coin having all the die markers that the variety has. Anyway, it did end up crossing over with one added bonus. They actually upgraded the coin! From an ms 64 to a ms 65. This coin started out to be valued at $50. Now, after the uptick of a grade and of course, the "missing initials " variety, the coin can now be valued at a possible $1700? Here are the photos. Can my coin now possibly be considered to receive that coveted, "you suck" award? Lol. Thanks guy's. :*

1945 ms 65 "missing initials "

I dont see the initials, either, but I don't think you can value it as the rare variety if PCGS won't recognize it as such.

Was there an extra fee for variety attribution that you did not pay?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    I don't recall if I actually received an official "you suck" for this, but I think it qualifies.

Original "Broken Sword" 7.5-inch bronze model for the reverse of the Pease Dollar sculpted by Anthony DeFrancisci and cast for James Earle Fraser and the US Mint (found on the internet, for sale at auction in 2017, $4,200 total cost):

I would think this qualifies. Not only did you discover/rescue a numismatic artifact, but you were one of the very few people who could capitalize on it. I assume it has paid for itself a few times over. :wink:

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Was there an extra fee for variety attribution that you did not pay?

That's the thing. I did pay for a variety attribution. Still trying to get word from PCGS?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    ... Now, after the uptick of a grade and of course, the "missing initials " variety, the coin can now be valued at a possible $1700? Here are the photos. Can my coin now possibly be considered to receive that coveted, "you suck" award? Lol. Thanks guy's. :*

Unfortunately, no, since the rules are that you can't ask for the award, and once you do, it bars you from receiving it for the related event.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file