Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Surface Shipping from Germany

2»

Comments

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021 9:03AM

Received a parcel yesterday that was shipped on 12/8. It wasn't anything huge, but it included some good small items.

I'm still missing one from 11/11 and another from ~12/8.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

@neildrobertson said:

@Bob13 said:
    Just when I had given up hope! My package mailed from Frankfurt on November 11th popped up in Seattle today!

My package that got mailed at the end of December arrived today after about 2 weeks. My packages from November and the beginning of December are still missing. At least something made it into a plane!

That’s a really pretty French franc. Wonderful toning! :)

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 6:36PM

@neildrobertson said:

@amwldcoin said:
    I have a positive going the other direction. I shipped Jan 3 through the cheaper ebay international option. Was about to make a find my mail claim today because it never showed delivered in Ky. Just received feedback it was delivered today. Not bad as my last shipment to him took around 2 months. Maybe things are trying to get better.

It seems like stuff mailed after Christmas is doing fine. Anything mailed between the last week of October and the last week of December appears to have been routed through the Bermuda Triangle.

I just checked a couple of mine that have not arrived - both last scanned/seen at FOREIGN INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, DE - the chance of getting now seem slim

Nov 26, 2020
    1:10pm
    ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
    Nov 26, 2020
    7:17am
    FOREIGN INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH
    FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, DE
    Nov 24, 2020
    10:28am
    FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE
    DE
    Nov 23, 2020
    10:44pm
    Tracking number provided

Dec 12, 2020
    12:53pm
    ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
    Dec 12, 2020
    11:27am
    FOREIGN INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH
    FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, DE
    Dec 11, 2020
    4:24pm
    FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE
    DE
    Dec 11, 2020
    4:18am
    Tracking number provided

• Options

wow, the one sent 11/26 has been in the USA for the last 3 days
    used the german tracking at USPS site and showed, but not on eBay tracking

• Options

Another couple weeks and no coins...

"Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

some day soon it will be at your door and then you will smile. :)
    I received one of mine after close to 3 (three) months. Also from Germany. It was sent by air , was clearly marked, the sender paid Euro 52 for a large envelope. however, there was also a routing sticker attached by someone. this stated that it was shipped to Montreal via row boat. from there it took 21 days to come to Vancouver Island....by old fashion bicycle mail perhaps?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Item mailed from Germany on 10/29/20 arrived here . . . TODAY! 2/18/21. The cardboard shipping envelope bore no evidence of trauma, so I figure it must have been sitting somewhere, untouched. After processing through Frankfurt on 10/31, the parcel suddenly appears at my regional distribution center yesterday afternoon. No tracking, in between.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options

Received two parcels yesterday that were mailed in November and December.

1929-A 50 Reichspfennig proof, mintage = 100

1915 Sachsen Meiningen 2 Mark, MS64+/65

1958D 5 Mark. MS64+/65

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@neildrobertson - they look worth the wait?

Not sure what the current situation is, but a new purchase is coming via FedEx... so hopefully won't be months!

My current "Box of 20"

• Options

@Bob13 said:
    @neildrobertson - they look worth the wait?

It's worth worth the wait.

Several of the 2 Mark Saxe-Meiningen coins have sold in other auctions since I bought this example. None of them went for less than I paid, and the coins were worse in a few instances. I will wait 3 months if it means I don't have to participate in the Covid bidding craziness that I see on ebay and elsewhere right now.

The 1929-A 50 reichspfennig is better than the photo indicates. There are other examples of the type out there with a much stronger cameo effect, but I am happy with this one for the pirce.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking of making an offer on a few of Dirk Löbbers' coins. Does he normally ship surface or fast?

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

I last ordered from Dirk Löbbers back in September. It was sent sail mail and took about 5 weeks to arrive.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have a package mailed Jan 5 & still "origin post" jan 7 and still nothing :(

• Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

I last ordered a coin from Dirk Lobbers on 10 Jan 2021. It was mailed on 11 Jan 2021, and safely arrived in my hands in Canada on 3 Feb 2021.

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

It took 80 days, as per earlier post, but the material showed up today unharmed. An apparent two month black hole between Frankfurt and New Jersey with 10 days travel on both ends. Let's hope everything improves with vaccine distribution.

• Options

I got a box today that was shipped January 11. I had to think for awhile to remember what it was.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@neildrobertson said:

@Bob13 said:
    Just when I had given up hope! My package mailed from Frankfurt on November 11th popped up in Seattle today!

My package that got mailed at the end of December arrived today after about 2 weeks. My packages from November and the beginning of December are still missing. At least something made it into a plane!

How to track this mail at the USPS website? You enter entire "RR xxxxxxxx DE" or what?
    Recently, I can't track a mail no matter what I enter.

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

@neildrobertson said:

@Bob13 said:

How to track this mail at the USPS website? You enter entire "RR xxxxxxxx DE" or what?

Yes. You can put the number into USPS tracking. I think the DE is usually left off.

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

@neildrobertson said:

@Bob13 said:

yes, with no spaces. This also will not show up on USPS until it is actually in the United States.

• Options
    DarenbugDarenbug Posts: 1
    edited June 19, 2022 7:41AM

At the beginning of the pandemic, many delivery services were overloaded, which caused disruptions in the delivery of goods. As far as I know, the situation has noticeably improved, and delivery services have learned to work under heavy load conditions. However, it is better to track your parcels along the delivery route using sendungsverfolgungpost.de to avoid getting into the situation you describe. It will help secure your parcel, and you can always contact the delivery service in case of an incomprehensible downtime.