Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

All Fakes

sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

And on a major auction platform.

Why does this still happen? For LiveAuctioneers this is surely more trouble than the tiny fee that they will earn on such a low value sale. Thoughts?
https://liveauctioneers.com/catalog/181517_signature-coin-and-currency-event/

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Comments

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Everyone should hit their customer service number and hit their Facebook & Twitter.
    Customer service # 888.600.2437

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

    But 0% buyers fee!

    Vplite99
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    is this a pattern. quite an amazing design for a total piece of crap!

    nevermind. there are some patterns in the group so the first one probably is too. no way those dillpickels could come up with something so beautiful on their own.

    thanks for the link. hands-down the most impressive showing of counterfeits to-date for me and i've seen a few.

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is quite an opportunity for the counterfeit collector

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not the 1st time I have seen similar listings there; tried to communicate previously but never got a response.

  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

    never deal with them.. for reasons.

    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My personal exp with live auctioneers is they suck. Then they got hacked and got my card info, so there was that nut roll. Then they did the whole, you have been outbid, fine...but then suddenly I won after having been run up. Shady business

    100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

    But, they've been seen on ABC, NBC, Chicago Tribune, etc.....they MUST be legit.

    Not.

    bob :(

    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

    :o

  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not exactly my Not exactly my series but yikes

    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yikes

  • Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

    Those are terrible fakes

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

    bogus fakes :(

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’ve purchased paintings from this group but the auction houses are separate. Just because an auction house has counterfeit coins you can’t condemn LiveAuctioneers? Condemn the particular auction house involved. If it wasn’t for LiveAuctioneers I would have missed some very nice pieces.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Never heard of that website, but looking through the genuine coins they have listed, they all look like crap, so I'll just go ahead and forget that website.

    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    I’ve purchased paintings from this group but the auction houses are separate. Just because an auction house has counterfeit coins you can’t condemn LiveAuctioneers? Condemn the particular auction house involved. If it wasn’t for LiveAuctioneers I would have missed some very nice pieces.

    Their brand is on the top of the page, so an auction full of fakes reflects on them. I asked if they realized every coin on that auction was fake, received no response, but the entire auction seems to be gone, so that's good.

  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I bought some medallions that were listed on LiveAuctioneers with poor photos (I had never seen fakes of them before) and when they arrived I called LiveAuctioneers and they told me my bid was between me and the auction house and to take it up with them. Auction house said too bad not our problem. Filed a CC claim and got my cash back but not a fun process.

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2020 11:47AM

    @messydesk said:

    @2dueces said:
    I’ve purchased paintings from this group but the auction houses are separate. Just because an auction house has counterfeit coins you can’t condemn LiveAuctioneers? Condemn the particular auction house involved. If it wasn’t for LiveAuctioneers I would have missed some very nice pieces.

    Their brand is on the top of the page, so an auction full of fakes reflects on them. I asked if they realized every coin on that auction was fake, received no response, but the entire auction seems to be gone, so that's good.

    There was a question of authenticity on a painting I was interested in. It sold but was returned. I know far more about the artist than the action house and LiveAuctioneers. When it reappeared for auction it was listed without his name. I paid 1/4 of the price and of course it is 100% authentic. But they both erred on the side of caution so I applaud them for that. And of course my luck.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @messydesk said:

    @2dueces said:
    I’ve purchased paintings from this group but the auction houses are separate. Just because an auction house has counterfeit coins you can’t condemn LiveAuctioneers? Condemn the particular auction house involved. If it wasn’t for LiveAuctioneers I would have missed some very nice pieces.

    Their brand is on the top of the page, so an auction full of fakes reflects on them. I asked if they realized every coin on that auction was fake, received no response, but the entire auction seems to be gone, so that's good.

    You are right, the auction is gone! I'm sure largely thanks to @sellitstore bringing it up here.
    Excellent work!

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A friend contacted the auction service and explained the issues and forwarded my email for a contact. I see the listings are gone as well...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file