Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lost Fedex package (update - package located!)

backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

Hoping there are some Fedex experts on here who can help me out -

This evening I received an email saying that a package from Heritage Auctions was delivered yesterday at 6pm. Tracking show that it was signed for by someone with a name not in my household, and it's not the name of any of my immediate neighbors. I was home at the time of the supposed delivery, and nobody came to the door. I called Fedex and they took my information and opened a "dispute". I will call Heritage tomorrow to let them know what's has happened.

Is there anything else I should be doing? How reliable is Fedex in being able to track this back and/or take ownership, or am I probably SOL? What responsibility does Heritage have? It is not an inexpensive card.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Do you have a ring doorbell? If so, check the tape and show fed ex it wasn't delivered.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020 5:51PM

I sold a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 4 a few years back used FeDex (sent from Canada to the US) and could only insure it for $1000 back then it was worth $13 000 now more like $45 000. Anyways delivered to the wrong address called them right away told them they sent someone to go retrieve the package luckily before it was opened everyone knows that card or almost. They then delivered it to the proper person. My only regret now is that I sold it for that price. Call them now.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

Ask them the name of the person who signed they look them up in your city.

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    Ask them the name of the person who signed they look them up in your city.

I have the name because it shows on the tracking. I googled and didn't find anyone in my neighborhood with that name.

@tonylags said:
    Do you have a ring doorbell? If so, check the tape and show fed ex it wasn't delivered.

I do have a ring doorbell, and of course nothing was recorded around the time of supposed delivery. I shared that info with Fedex when I called them.

The Fedex guy I spoke with thinks it's a scan error. Original tracking showed delivery for this Friday, so I hope he is right. Three days early would seem a little unusual.

• Options

Make a fuss about it FeDex knows all the schedules of every driver.

• Options

I have seen where the package gets scanned when the truck is loaded and inadvertently shows delivered, only to show up at my house the next day. Give it a hot minute.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options

Btw, I send about 150 ups/fedex per year for the last 25 years. They have only "lost" one.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

With covid, you can pretty much throw sig confirmation out the window. Drivers can/will/do sign their name and have been instructed to do so at their discretion. All over the coin board with that. Probably an error though if you weren't expecting it until Friday.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

If sig confirmation is not reliably happening right now, they should not be offering it as an option.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fed Ex is doing signature required on some items for sure. My PSA order had to be delivered the second time. UPS on the other hand for my prior PSA orders planned to just leave it and I happened to be there.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Hanks got your package. Give him a buzz. Good luck finding it. It should be ok.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use FedEx for most of my packages. If your package shows delivered that is a good sign and the odds of them finding it is high. I notice that sometimes a package shows up as delivered when it is actually a day or so away.

If your package was tracked to a FedEx facility and stops, it could be lost.

Mike
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

first things first. did you verify the shipping address was correct vs just seeing the tracking number shows delivered?

• Options

@clayshooter22 said:
    I have seen where the package gets scanned when the truck is loaded and inadvertently shows delivered, only to show up at my house the next day. Give it a hot minute.

this is the next possibility if shipping address is correct.

• Options

and it doesn't matter who signed for it really. as soon as ANY sig is entered and the green button hit, gps coordinates are recorded. so if misdelivered, they know exactly where it was delivered. then it's either picked up or someone plays dumb and the cat n mouse games start.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    first things first. did you verify the shipping address was correct vs just seeing the tracking number shows delivered?

Yes, address was correct.

No update from Fedex today. Scans do seem a little suspicious as I study further - it was scanned "in transit" in Texas at 9:16am, and the very next scan was in PA at 6:02pm on the same day.

Hopefully it will get tracked down. Thanks all for your input.

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 3:32PM

When did it go thru memphis and what was the service level?

next day, second day, express saver or are we talking ground?

• Options

Ground

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 4:42PM

looks like they shipped wrong thing and recalled it.

• Options

Fedex tracking shows the package is on the truck to be delivered today. Not sure what happened, but what a relief! Thanks again all for your insights.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is why I use FedEx, they have a good system for tracking.

Mike
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2020 10:07AM

glad ya got it! it had to go thru memphis at some point. did the tracking trail change? what happened after the original "delivered" status?

eta: never mind. it was a ground package. brain fart.

• Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Like I said, I ship tons of Ups and FedEx. They really never lose it. From literally thousands of packages....the only one they lost was a certified check to pay off my mortgage...that was a nightmare but everything gets resolved eventually. Glad your issue seems to have worked out.

Kirby Puckett Master Set