Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newbie with a grading question

I'm not really a newbie but a newbie at grading! I have a 1999 topps gold label level 2 red label card, and it's numbered out of 50. It's stamped into the back of the card 43/50, but there's no ink where the stamping is. The card is not faded or damaged, just can't read the number. You can clearly see the 43/50 by angling the card, but not by looking straight on.

Will the grader take the time to angle the card to see the 43/50 if I number it on the submission form, and will they deduct for the number not being visible? It came out of the pack that way, and Topps wasn't very helpful about a replacement. It's Marshall Faulk, and in 1999 that was a good card to have. In 1999, I had the option of having it replaced with another card that "might not" be Marshall Faulk.

I tried to call PSA for the last week or so and keep getting the "call back tomorrow" message :(

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

I would submit it. It doesn't sound like a true flaw and they are pretty good at identifying serial numbered cards.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

You could always stick a post it note on the card saver pointing out the numbers on the back, so then grader will see it that way.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the advice and the PMs. Apparently the cards came with the numbers stamped in but not visible! No wonder Topps was no help. Anyway thanks for helping!