Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do I fix an invalid cert #?

I have a card that keeps getting rejected as "Invalid Cert #" when I try to add it to my PSA set list inventory. The guy I bought it from took it off the list before sending it to me - so I know it's a good number.

Sent an email to customer service and haven't heard anything. Is there another way to fix an invalid cert # that I don't know about?

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

invalid or registered to another user?

invalid you'll have to send it psa. what card is it? and describe where you ran across it? there are fake holders out there and usually when they are discovered psa will make the cert invalid which requires the owners of the real one and any fake ones to send the cards in to verify who truly holds the real one.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Invalid.

I know it's not fake. I bought it from a guy who has sold me multiple other cards and I totally trust. In fact, it's from a set that was ranked #2 in its category before he broke it up to sell. So it was registered before, just fine. Also, it's a 1974 TOPPS JOE DELAMIELLEURE card, so not one anyone is faking to make huge $$$ on.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

seasoned vets get fooled too. nobody is impervious to it go look at the n54 signed t206 thread.

i'm sure yours isn't. was just general advice. but don't think for a sec that even high grade commons aren't susceptible to being faked. in fact, it seems the mexican fake factory has tended to move away from guys like mantle and ruth and focus more on guys that fly under the radar.