Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Joe Morgan passed

Comments

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 8:05AM

Best all around 2nd baseman of all-time. Two-time NL MVP...

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

i really like joe morgan on espn. great player!

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know some didn't, but I liked him on Sunday night baseball. RIP

It started with Kobe back in January, but since June we've lost Wes Unseld, Gale Sayers, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford, and now Joe Morgan. It's such a terrible run we're on that I've probably missed someone.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

It started with Kobe back in January, but since June we've lost Wes Unseld, Gale Sayers, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford, and now Joe Morgan. It's such a terrible run we're on that I've probably missed someone.

Don't forget Al Kaline.

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

RIP Little Joe

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

I also liked him on Sunday Night baseball. RIP. His '73 Topps card has been a tough one for me to find raw in NM-MT.

• Options

@gemint said:
    Don't forget Al Kaline.

It appears as though I already have. :'(

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Ok enough is enough 2020...RIP Joe.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one was shocking to me. Really sad to lose another great. Very overlooked especially in where he rates among those at his position. Really saddened by this news. Rest in Peace.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure has been a bad couple of months. Is Joe the first one to pass that was a member of the big red machine?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    .......Is Joe the first one to pass that was a member of the big red machine?

Seaver was there from 1977 to 1982 so, although not there for the championships, I consider all of the 70s as the big red machine.

• Options

@nam812 said:

@coolstanley said:

Seaver was there from 1977 to 1982 so, although not there for the championships, I consider all of the 70s as the big red machine.

I dont consider Seaver because he wasn't there for the championships.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little Joe arguably the greatest second baseman in history and Sparky Anderson said he was a great player but in big games he became the greatest. Another HOFER from a bygone era of baseball.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

@nam812 said:

@coolstanley said:

I dont consider Seaver because he wasn't there for the championships.

He didn't even join the Philly reunion team in 83, going to the Mets instead :s I remember his Reds days fondly, but BRM was 70-76 IMHO.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also enjoyed him and jon miller on espn sunday night baseball

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never easy to watch your era players passing on. Thanks for the memories. RIP Mr. Morgan.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 8:33PM

@JBrules said:
    The final piece to the BRM that lead them to greatness. RIP Mr. Joe Morgan.

What an epic trade. They got Billingham and Gerónimo too. And that’s a beautiful ‘73 Morgan!

• Options
    edited October 12, 2020 8:44PM

Only one in that mega trade to represent his old team in the ‘72 set...

...though it was amended...

• Options

@grote15 said:
    The unopened version of the 72 card above..

Arguably the best postwar 2B in baseball history.

...and the centering is just as good! 👍🏻

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Joe Morgan was a GREAT player and person. I believe he was the best 2B in the modern era aside from Rod Carew.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

another sad day for the HOF

he'll be missed

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP. I enjoyed watching his playing career and his sportscasting career too.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

I too enjoyed Joe Morgan on Sunday Night Baseball. Incredible player whether he was the best or not. RIP

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Watching him play and listening to him on a game broadcast one thing really rang true. He loved the game. One of the greats, RIP Mr Morgan.

• Options

Barry Bonds instagram post.

'R.I..P #8 Joe Morgan you are forever loved. I will miss our baseball conversation, golf and the love you had for tennis and family'

Ignore list -Basebal21