Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So who can give me the Skinny on E-Bay Stores 2020 Version?

Morning,

Well as I have mentioned I was out of the Hobby from 2012 until this 2020 April. Thought I'd just dabble a little......well that plan went to Hell in a hand basket, quickly. :D:D I am in need of much more than the 50 listings that I get each month. I also have been given the additional 200 listings Free per month for the last 3-4 months, but did not get it this month.

So in my heyday back in 05-2012, I had a store, second Tier I think, and was averaging 1500-2500 Bins with a couple hundred auctions per week. And I remember it was almost a full time job on top of my Full Time Job!

So am not looking to go there again. Need probably the basic Store whatever that is today, I see myself running perhaps 150-200 Bins and maybe 50-100 Auctions per week. Most items in the $5 to $100 range with a few higher, about 1/4 to be slabbed cards.

Any ideas, suggestions, warnings....Ect. I've dealt with E-Bay since 1999 with a 9000 Feedback, just have been out of the picture for some years!

Thanks

YeeHah!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I would also like to get back into selling on EBay however the Taxes always scares me. I got pretty hard last year since I wasn’t very organized with my expenses.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

**Be prepared to wait for your money. **

I have a basic store and run about 5 to 30 auctions a week plus 200 items average a month in my store. I am also a Top rated Plus Power seller whatever that now means. EBay feedback system is an absolute joke of a system for both buyer and seller now ; not sure why they even still have it.

All I know is despite having EDI direct to the bank account and never having a chargeback etc etc etc , and following every rule, I still wait 3 to 4 business days for the cash to hit my bank account.

Luckily it's just a hobby and I really don't care when I get the money. It's just a shocking change from having immediately. Used to be able to get paid by a PayPal on a Sunday night, and turn right around and spend it midnight Sunday night. I now just buy it whenever I see it knowing the money will come back 3 or 4 days later.

Jeff