Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jim Kaat Variety Cards

Does anyone have images of either a 1963 Post Jim Kaat with the LIGHT POLE, or the 1976 Kelloggs with the White Sox Logo on back? I have searched for years and never seen one?? Thanks, Larry

Comments

• Options

I'm at the point where I would be willing to pay $20 for a scan of the 76 Kellogg's Kaat-White Sox back or the 77 Kellogg's Bostock-Ellis back.

• Options

I'm not familiar with the 63 Post Kaat with the light pole but there are quite a few on WorthPoint, here are a couple of scans.

• Options

Thanks very much. I just saw raw one go thru ebay, but not sure if that was it or not. In terms of the Kelloggs, I have asked for years and yet to see one.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I really don’t have much of a variety of Jim Kaat, but my 1977 has a unique story to it though:
    This happened to me in 1977 when I left a Ben Franklin store (105th Ewing South Side Chicago) after buying a few wax packs I was walking out of the store and being the age of 7 and opening a pack of cards on a windy day found out that opening packs on a windy day don’t mix, a card landed face down on the concrete sidewalk and I stepped on card so the wind would not blow it away. Yes I still have that 1977 Jim Kaat right here.
    I look at this way: I think that I still have some concrete DNA on the card, so that’s kind of special to me.