Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD!!! 1854 ARROWS Liberty Seated HALF Dime – MS65 PCGS w/CAC - CAC Pop only 15 (8 finer w/CAC's)

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2020 2:38AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

This coin is great for a Type Set, as the Liberty Seated HALF Dime with Arrows only appears from 1853 - 1855.
In my opinion, the coin in hand is nicer than the PCGS True View, which is slightly darker than the actual coin in hand and shows no luster. See the slab photos also shown below. However the lightness in that slab photo is lighter than the actual coin in hand! While the coin has real nice luster (as opposed to the TrueView), it is NOT Bright White. It has a very light thin Champagne skin. As noted, the luster is real nice.

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I recently upgraded this coin in my Registry Dansco 7070 Set.

1. There have been 100 graded MS65 (44 by PCGS, and 56 by NGC). Out of those 100, only 15 merit the coveted CAC sticker. At this price point, you'd figure almost all were sent to CAC. For those without a CAC, you should ask yourself why it doesn't have one?
  2. While there are none in this grade and date with a CAC on eBay, they do have one listed withOUT a CAC, but that's graded by NGC. It’s listed for $875.
  3. The other "common" date for this Type Coin is 1853. On eBay there is one listed with a CAC, but that too is graded by NGC, and they are asking $2,750. There are four others dated 1853 graded MS65 withOUT a CAC, and those prices range from $893 - $2,250.
  4. On collectorscorner.com, there's an 1853 listed for $850, but is graded by NGC, and has NO CAC.
  5. The PCGS Price Guide is at $1,150, and the CAC CDN Retail value is $998.

My price is $850 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes free USPS First Class Mail shipping with tracking. Due to the value, a signature will be required.

Please look at my 1828 Coronet/Matron Large Cent MS65BN graded by PCGS with a CAC, my1868 Two Cent Piece MS65+RB graded by PCGS with a CAC, as well as my high grade 1911 Barber Quarter graded PR67CAM by PCGS, with a CAC, both listed nearby in the BS&T.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. In the unlikely event you are unhappy, all returns must use a return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me .

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; MsMorrisine; pnies20; radioman; Relaxn; RonB; RyGuy; Shrub68; sonorandesertrat x 2; UltraHighRelief; Willy.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged: