Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

upcharging a submission question

OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

So I have a bunch of subs in house, my cc renewal is in grading for a week + at this point. I have a couple cards in there that if they grade high like I am hoping and thinking they should, I might get an email. I have only been upcharged 1 time, years ago and it was for a bump from 9-10. So do they email you before it goes to assembly that you have a price bump due to grade or is it after the sub pops? seems like they are doing this more often which I am fine with, I would rather pay for psa 7-8 value to grade and if it pops at a higher price point I will gladly pay the difference. Sub'd way to many over the years getting 7,8,9's and thinking they were 10's. Just hoping for some news on these subs. wishful thinking.

Comments

• Options

anybody experience getting the bump in price? Bueller? Bueller?

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2020 5:08PM

You get an email saying one of the cards received a grade that puts it at a higher price point. Cards appear in stage 7 but an invoice was attached to the email that had the grades in them. It doesn’t go into stage 8 until after you approve the rate hike. Recently happened to me. It’s the best email asking for more money I ever got. Couldn’t pay it fast enough lol.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

With the way PSA has been grading lately, you won't have to worry about any upcharges.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:
    You get an email saying one of the cards received a grade that puts it at a higher price point. Cards appear in stage 7 but an invoice was attached to the email that had the grades in them. It doesn’t go into stage 8 until after you approve the rate hike. Recently happened to me. It’s the best email asking for more money I ever got. Couldn’t pay it fast enough lol.

this is pretty much it to a tee. you will also see a "receive hold" status stating please call the 800 number to resolve the problem in the same stage section if you happen check your subs on the psa site first. at that point it's obviously easier to just check your email bc if you happen to call and get thru, they will tell you to just check your email and reply w agreeing to the up charge.

receive hold in stage 1 = bad.
    receive hold in stage 7 = good.

• Options

@aanv __With the way PSA has been grading lately, you won't have to worry about any upcharges.

I know, just being hopeful