Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Whitey Ford

Goodbye Chairman of the Board. Another legend leaves us - but at least this one had a nice long life. A great pitcher with great stories. The next HOF ceremony is going to have a lot less people up on that stage.

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Chairman

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Long time friends, a baseball battery - pitcher and catcher were reminiscing on a park bench about the game they love...
    The catcher asked the pitcher what he hoped heaven would be like -
    The pitcher briskly responded, "I hope they have beautiful baseball fields in heaven - that the grass is emerald green and and the mound and the rest of the infield are perfectly manicured." Never any rain delays. either!
    Me too said the catcher.

Later that week the catcher passed away and his buddy was sleeping soundly that weekend when his longtime friend came to him in a dream....
    They conversed for a moment or two when the pitcher asked if there were ball fields in heaven and were they as nice as he hoped they would be....
    The catcher promptly responded, "you can see for yourself, you're starting on Tuesday"

RIP Whitey!

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

bummer. condolacnes to all involved & RIP mr. ford

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite players of all time.

A great guy off the field as well.

Whitey had a great career and a great life.

RIP

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, that's enough 2020! you can leave now.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the best big game pitcher of all-time. Not a yankee fan, but total respect his game!!

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

Very sad to hear this news. What a legend! To lighten the mood here is a hilarious story Whitey tells involving Yogi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJSpq6v-GY

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not another one(legend) :'(

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

RIP to a legend with a career and numbers that were incredible.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greatest lefty in Yankees history. The definition of a clutch performer. First Bob Gibson passes and now Whitey, Heaven is going to have one hell of a pitching rotation. RIP Mr. Chairman

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

RIP
    One of the greatest ever

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mets don't make playoffs-Seaver dies. Cardinals lose in playoffs-Brock,Gibson die. Ford dies-Yankees lose in playoffs. Hope this is not a trend. BTW Ron Peranowski passed away the other day. Ex-Dodger pitcher and coach.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Mets don't make playoffs-Seaver dies. Cardinals lose in playoffs-Brock,Gibson die. Ford dies-Yankees lose in playoffs.......

You're making Sandy Koufax very nervous.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or the Hammer :(

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.