Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Holders larger than Card Saver 4?

I have a few items to submit that are a little too big for Card Saver 4 holders. Anyone know what would be the next size up and who makes them? There doesn’t seem to be a Card Saver 5 from what I’ve seen.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they too long, too wide, or both?

For items that are too long this is what I do:

Take a card saver 4 and slice about 1/8" to 1/4'" off of each side (enough to "un-weld" the sides) so it becomes slightly more narrow than a normal card saver 4 and now opens like an alligator's mouth because the sides have been removed.

Then place the item you want to protect into that card saver you just altered. Some of the item will obviously be sticking out since it was too long to begin with for a card saver 4.

Then slide that altered card saver with the item in it head first into a normal card saver 4. I have sent items to PSA this way without any problems.

Unfortunately I dont have any tricks for items that are too wide for a card saver 4.

Hope this helps.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just use comic bags for Supersize or the Ultra Pro 1 pocket sheets for Jumbo, then some heavy cardboard around the stack.

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

I've used 5x7 (and larger) top loaders with a sleeve for oversized items

------
    stupid print dots

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Are they too long, too wide, or both?

For items that are too long this is what I do:

Take a card saver 4 and slice about 1/8" to 1/4'" off of each side (enough to "un-weld" the sides) so it becomes slightly more narrow than a normal card saver 4 and now opens like an alligator's mouth because the sides have been removed.

Then place the item you want to protect into that card saver you just altered. Some of the item will obviously be sticking out since it was too long to begin with for a card saver 4.

Then slide that altered card saver with the item in it head first into a normal card saver 4. I have sent items to PSA this way without any problems.

Unfortunately I dont have any tricks for items that are too wide for a card saver 4.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, the items I'm referring to are too wide for the CS4s.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I use Large top loaders. Multiple sizes are made. BCW or Ultrapro.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Andy

Dont know what u have.
    But just to get it to psa would a photo 8x10 top loader work?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets