Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this a Scammers Delight just waiting/ Paypal and Personal Bank Account

Morning,

I believe this is the second time I have noted this sequence of events recently when sending money to somebody via Paypal. At around 7:00 AM this morning I sent $1200 to a member here, for a deal we made. I didn't have $1200 in my Paypal account, so I checked the option of having the money transferred from my Collectibles Checking Account.

The money has been received by the Seller (Within 30 seconds to a minute) and the deal is done.

4 Hours later there is absolutely no indication in my Banking account, not even in pending transactions, of the $1200 withdrawal. Now I know this happened recently on one of my Subs (Paypal not involved this time). The Cards were on the way with tracking and the money given to PSA (I assume) but did not get taken out of my checking account for almost 72 hours after (Was praying I was getting a Freebie! :D:D ).

How can Business's be protected if money is sent by Payal before its collected from the remitter? Or is there something going on behind the scenes that we as the consumer can't see?

Seems like a recipe for Bank Scamming to me?

Thoughts?

YeeHah!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

(not pertaining to your particular case, just in general)

i think there are a few ways different ways it can get drafted.

there's the regular way, your debit card (which can show a slight delay), the echeck method and then there's another one that's similar to a wire transfer that can take a little bit.

the delay can be from a multitude of things above, coupled w a potential security check via paypal before it gets drafted. if direct, also the seller may have to "accept" payment.

as per psa's payment, i think they try to edraft first to avoid debit/credit card processing fees which normally does take a few days. but even w/ amex, it will show in my "pending charges" for a couple of days before it cycles down to the official charges section.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

as per psa's payment, i think they try to edraft first to avoid debit/credit card processing fees which normally does take a few days. but even w/ amex, it will show in my "pending charges" for a couple of days before it cycles down to the official charges section.

I agree with the Charge showing up in my Banks Pending transactions, which is how it usually works for most of my charges. This transaction is now 13 hours old and no hint in my Account!

Huh!

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

$1,200??? I didn't notice any of my Mutoscopes as being sold??? Can you resend Neil?? Yeehaww!!!!!

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

@bobbyw8469 said:
    $1,200??? I didn't notice any of my Mutoscopes as being sold??? Can you resend Neil?? Yeehaww!!!!!

LOL

But you never did get me VCP on the list I sent you! :oB):D

And as for the $1200, it hit my Bank Account 21 hours after the money was sent to my Seller!

YeeHah!

Neil