Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Looking for Someone/Something to Help me Identify My World Coins

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me identify my world coins here, or lead me to a website that can! I have a ton, and I'm not certain what all of them are so any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a copy of Standard Catalog of World Coins 1901-2000. Doesn't have to be the latest edition, they're on eBay for under $20.

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

Download the app, Coinoscope

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll happily help you out with the trickier ones, if you download a pic of both sides.

Meanwhile, Google is surprisingly good. Simply type in whatever text you can read on the coin, and the answer will almost always be in the top few hits. Of course, this doesn't work too well for foreign scripts like Arabic or Chinese.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options

@Sapyx said:
    We'll happily help you out with the trickier ones, if you download a pic of both sides.

Meanwhile, Google is surprisingly good. Simply type in whatever text you can read on the coin, and the answer will almost always be in the top few hits. Of course, this doesn't work too well for foreign scripts like Arabic or Chinese.

Those are the ones I cant figure out haha. I'll try and upload a few pictures of the ones I just cant get for a second opinion.