Home Autographs Forum

Help Identify This Baseball Signature

This baseball was probably signed in my presence but I am having trouble trying to figure out who signed it. The additional writing looks like a bible passage reference. Can anybody help me identify the signature?

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone whose name begins with an "O" and has two "I"s in the name (note the two dots). Try to remember the team and year and then look up the roster.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Thanks. I will try to research the “O” and the two “I”. It could be any team because I think that the signature was done at a fund raiser. However, I live in New Hampshire so it is probably the Red Sox.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd also Google the bible verse and "autograph". He probably used it often.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phil 4:13 and philippians 4:13 searches came up with lots of results from athletes that sign with this verse, but I didn't find any that looked similar to this one.

• I also found some baseball players that signed with that passage but none looked like that signature. I am still looking. Thanks.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Try net54 site. There is a guy that hangs out there that is pretty amazing with newer signatures. If you post it in the autograph section, chances are good he will see it or someone else will know. Most sites have a group of autograph sleuths, but this guy seems to be top shelf.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.