Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Refused Packages

It appears a bunch of packages / submissions were marked "refused" by PSA yesterday and today (there is a thread on BO about it).

My package delivered yesterday via USPS Priority Mail had it happen.

Anyone on CU have a PSA package refused lately? Hoping it is an error on PSA or USPS's part.

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 2:50PM

wonder if they did it correctly w the "internal barcode" placed on the outside. i could see them returning those that didn't do it correctly moving forward.

it's basically an entirely new intake system that probably cost a pretty penny and specifically designed to speed things up and eliminate manpower hours.

there was probably a two week grace period for stuff already in transit. being monday, the start of a new week, i can see them cutting it off if not properly done. the old manpower & space has probably been reassigned somewhere down the line and no ones there to go thru a bunch of boxes that are now considered outdated and not marked properly.

could be way off too.

• Options
    SmithAuctionCoSmithAuctionCo Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

My package's USPS status just updated to delivered.

I'm guessing there were a bunch of packages that had to be "held" at the USPS and were incorrectly marked as "refused",

Definitely had some people worried for a bit...

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

@SmithAuctionCo said:

Id double check with PSA every few days to be sure they received it. Status: Delivered doesnt necessarily mean they have it.

• Options

@skrezyna23 said:

@SmithAuctionCo said:

Id double check with PSA every few days to be sure they received it. Status: Delivered doesnt necessarily mean they have it.

very true. countless times i've had mail state "delivered" and then not show up for a couple more days.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use the "Find My Package" link on your submission page and enter the tracking number there to confirm the package arrived safely.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    You can use the "Find My Package" link on your submission page and enter the tracking number there to confirm the package arrived safely.

in addition and just use fedex express, not ground.

psa's address for fedex deliveries is actually and really just the local fedex hub. there's basically no way it CANT be delivered. 😉

• Options
    edited October 6, 2020 7:24PM

and then:

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I’ve had packages damaged by fedex and PSA has refused delivered. I hope that didn’t happen to you.

• Options

psa will refuse any package that is damaged regardless of the carrier.

what happened today seemed to just be a technical glitch on "usps" side. mass marking everything as "refused" instead of "delivered". seems to have been fixed.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

I tried that and it didn't work.

Emailed PSA after a few weeks of worry and it was logged in shortly thereafter.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@grote15 said:

I tried that and it didn't work.

Emailed PSA after a few weeks of worry and it was logged in shortly thereafter.

That's odd. I have never had it not work with dozens of submissions. Rarely it takes 24 hours to update but that link should always work if you enter the correct tracking number.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

does that link do anything different than what the prospective carriers tracking site does?

• Options
    edited October 7, 2020 8:46AM

@blurryface said:
    does that link do anything different than what the prospective carriers tracking site does?

Yes, it confirms PSA has scanned in the package and it is has been entered into their vault. All packages are scanned in upon receipt. I have not used the new bar code stickers but they probably do the same thing now.